steering wheel specification

· 4 · 1534

scotdub

steering wheel specification
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »
Hi all been looking for a new steering wheel for my landrover defender 300tdi. Just woundering if there is anyone that know what diameter the spindle is and correct me if im wrong but there are 48 splines on the shaft???

I want a new wheel but from something different. Has anyone fitted a steering wheel from an audi or bmw or a range rover sport.  I know you get boss kits and aftermarket wheels but thats an easy option.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary

georgew

Re: steering wheel specification
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
I dont know of wheels other than from a few other Land Rover products that fit the 19mm 48 spline.
Various wheels from ones more modern LR,s than the 94-98 300TDi

The 36 spine suited Mini and metro wheels and a few others.

Loads of choices on ebay of replacement 48 spline wheels that dont cost much more than buying just a boss..

george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

Maxxed_Ross

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:53:50 AM »
I've got a Moto-Lita steering wheel on mine and really like it. Black alloy and leather, plus it's a bit smaller.

It was around £70 including the right adapter.

The only head ache was getting the indicator cancel ring swapped over to the new adapter... the damn thing nearly took my eye out. It's springly little bugger

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:08:34 AM by Maxxed_Ross »
"Lara" - 2001 Defender 110 Tomb Raider Edition

scotdub

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 05:45:28 PM »
Thanks for the replys.

Yeah I didn't think there was much of a choice except aftermarket and landrover ones. I do like your wheel ross.

I would just have liked a chunky bmw wheel or a rang rover sport wheel. But expensive and need to get the airbag to which is just as costly as the wheel. They you need to adapt them to fit.

Thanks

Gary