Forth Bridge Lunacy

· 4 · 1363

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Forth Bridge Lunacy
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »
This clip of a truck on the Bridge ( 28th Dec) on youtube just stunned me - how could anyone be so flaming stupid ?  After his trailer lifts bodily in the air and flies into the next lane he carries on driving - then does it again later.... I wonder what the Law will make of it ?

G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skmW-IKfBw&feature=share
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Ghillie

• Name: Graham McAslan
Re: Forth Bridge Lunacy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »
Incredibly, the German driver was given a warning but will not face charges.  Go figure!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16560795

boghog

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:05:33 AM »
The police are too busy protecting the public by MOT'ing all Vauxhall Corsas judging by the number I have seen stopped in Stirling recently. The drivers were obviously flouting the law by driving a car that was cheap to run and insure and favoured by the younger generation, couldn't see any other reason. Maybe they should have wound the window down and said, 'Sprechen-sie Deutch?'.

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:08:22 AM »
Good one.

the "visiting" drivers know that they will get away with almost anything over here as there are no on the spot fines in the uk, ive seen several drive onto the Forth and Tay bridges when they have been "cars only"

A few years ago a driver from Somerfields East Kilbride depot decided to cross the forth bridge in a double decker artic when it was closed to high sided vehicles, He was met by the Police as he drove into his depot, was charged then suspended from work, sacked a couple of days later and fined £3000 at court. Somerfield were also fined £5000.
She said at my age I need something else to play with