heavy duty cv joint

· 4 · 1097

sainter4x4

heavy duty cv joint
« on: October 19, 2011, 12:14:48 PM »

hi there i have just taken hubs apart on my comp safari motor to check the cv joints and found a cracked cv joint now the problem i have is i am unsure what cv joint i have i was told when i bought the car that they were quafe cv joints but after a phone call to quafe they sed they never made cv joints, so then onto ashcroft to enquirer about them there and they sed they supply 2 different cv joints for a 23 spline shaft the early or late ones the problem is i am unsure of what mine is my cv joint is 224mm tall and ashcroft sed they do not supply this size could any one recommend where i could get a cv joint of this size or tell me what cv joint i have many thanks.

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
Re: heavy duty cv joint
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:02:07 PM »
I don't know what length is what with CV joints, but I think I'd put my money on it just being a standard one.
Being told it had a "Quaife CV" was part of the sales pitch when you bought the motor, Lets face it who is going to take it apart to check when they buy it :-\

sainter4x4

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 04:45:46 PM »
its getting a standard one for the weekend  see how it goes

LBART

• Name: lee bartlett
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 09:01:44 PM »
Could be a 110 Cv as there bigger and stronger than the rest good luck at weekend.
TeamBart
Cross Country Motorsport