Any off roading near Kirkcudbright?

· 4 · 1461

DWB

Any off roading near Kirkcudbright?
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:00:58 PM »
As it says. I'm heading to Kirkcudbright in a few weeks and wondering if I should take the old wagon.

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
Re: Any off roading near Kirkcudbright?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:40:59 PM »
Are you down on hols or a fleeting visit??
The road through the Galloway forest is nice, through to New Galloway-scenic, nice walks and places to see, but I'm not sure about driving on the tracks though, you'd probably have to get in touch with the forestry folk. ( not sure if they are 'off-roader' friendly )
The 'Raiders Road' is open until October, but not sure if its the beginning or end of.

Probably not what youre looking for, but thought id say anyway. Lots of other nice places down this way. Enjoy.  :)
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

DWB

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:07:53 PM »
Thanks for the info Truckster. A group of families are heading down to the Kirkcudbright area this weekend for our last camping trip of the year. Could be a cold one at nights, Brrr.

I've got a 69 2a, which the kids all love trundling around in for a bit of gentle off roading. It's not too far to get there from Glasgow so I might take the old boy piled full of camping gear instead of our trailer and the wife can travel down in comfort in the family car with the kids. The raiders road looks good and we'll probably drive it but I doubt I'll need to push down the yellow knob!

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »
Er...no you wont need the yellow knob for the raiders road!!!  :D
We've got a jumble of 110's and series between us, but we'll keep a look out for you as we're heading off on hols on saturday and going via galloway forest.
Will be in my blue van though with slroc sticker on it and an old solihull landrover badge stuck to her dash!!. She has a bit of an identity crisis going on!!!! ;D
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)