geoffg

Freelander 3 Amigos
« on: August 06, 2011, 09:38:30 AM »
It's been hammered out on various forums, but I was wondering if anyone has a solution to the 3 lights on the Freelander 1's dashboard constantly lit.
Geoff

Rural rebel

Re: Freelander 3 Amigos
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
Hi, not sure if this will be any help, but prior to doing both the front bearings on my Disco 2, the 3 amigos were coming on and staying on, after both hubs/bearings being changed never had a problem, is it perhaps a wee bit of play in the bearings that are causing the false readings at the sensor?

neils

• Name: Neil Scott
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
Check all your lights are working, and there isnt a lamp gone, headlamps brakes, sidelights. had something like this before and it was a rear sidelight that needed replaced! Go figure.
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!

geoffg

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Will look into the suggestions if the rain stops!!
Geoff :)

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 11:12:42 AM »
Geoff are these the HDC/TC/ABS lights? In the early days of Freelander1 there was a problem on manual gearbox cars with the wiring to the HDC switch on the gearlever. Over a period of time it would move round the gearstick and tighten until it broke, generating the 3 lights - usually the breakage was at the connector so not too difficult to fix. How old is the car, pre-facelift ie R/S/T/V/W or Y reg? There was also an issue with the wiring in the steering column where the wiring could do the same thing throwing up a series of warning lights. Later cars had a modification that prevented it happening.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:15:59 AM by Tim »
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

geoffg

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 04:40:31 PM »
Thanks Tim. I've just checked the wiring to the connector on the gear lever and can't find any breaks. I'll have a wiggle round the steering column when it stops raining.
Cheers
Geoff
PS It's a Y plate TD4 manual. Yes the lights I'm referring to are as you say, HDC/TC/ABS.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:42:23 PM by geoffg »

gary1968

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 09:47:52 PM »
It could be the brake light switch, I believe there are 2 off them in there, one operates the brake lights, the other, not sure of its function.
It could also be the stepped rings on the drive shafts, the ones that the abs sensors work with, they are either clogged up with mud n carp or just corroded away.
An ABS sensor knackered.
As said above, the HDC switch and / or its wiring.
Hope this helps you out a bit mate and you get it fixed soon.

Gaz