whats the going rate

· 2 · 1093

kevin18050

whats the going rate
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:03:06 PM »
hi all am keeping my options open with this disco swap for my 90 box am i correct in thinking it's a lot of hassel to swap all the box bits over ?if so do i just mate a disco transfer up to a 19j box ? as mines is dying whats the going rate for a box from a defender if that makes things alot easier thanks in advance

bob

Re: whats the going rate
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »
hi all am keeping my options open with this disco swap for my 90 box am i correct in thinking it's a lot of hassel to swap all the box bits over ?if so do i just mate a disco transfer up to a 19j box ? as mines is dying whats the going rate for a box from a defender if that makes things alot easier thanks in advance

Kevin,

I'm guessing that by swapping bits over you mean converting your disco box (short main gearstick) to defender spec (long gear stick).
If this is the case, I've had this done but the only way (within my measly budget) was to provide the guy with the disco box AND a defender box of the same suffix so that he had the parts required.
Before anyone asks, I was getting a V8 LT77 disco box changed to a long stick for use with a V8 90 conversion.

Hope this clarifies your options...

Bob