Opinion of Kingpin Advantage All Terrain Tyres

· 3 · 2702

paulmagoo

Opinion of Kingpin Advantage All Terrain Tyres
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »
Would like to hear from those who have tried these tyres, especially against BDGs or General AT2?

Not bothered about road noise (General AT2 are loud enough),  

Fuel consumption's a maybe.... but more interested in offroad capability and treadwear. My BFGs lasted until they vulcanised many many years later.

BR Paul
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:25:27 PM by paulmagoo »

piper5

Re: Opinion of Kingpin Advantage All Terrain Tyres
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »
i have kingpin mud terrains on the 110 and they are fine , my suggestion to you would be keep your scorpions on, they are much nicer to use all year round and buy a set of mud terrain remoulds and a set of 16inch rims and put them on for the bad weather, the fuel saving etc make it worth while  specially if you tow a caravan etc, i have a set of 4 td5 alloys that will be going cheap shortly when i dig them out the garage.they have some marks but no chunks out of them ideal for the winter but presentable as well

paulmagoo

Re: Opinion of Kingpin Advantage All Terrain Tyres
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:09:35 PM »
Hi  thanks for that Piper 5.  Was able to do a straight swap for my 18" with wranglers a few days back and now I have the 16" with the scorpions.

Was thinking about changing them over for BFG lookalikes but like the idea of saving fuel in the summer and having a spare set for the winter.  Let me know when you dig them out and we can talk turkey.

BR Paul