Something woke up the gremlin

· 2 · 1318

Corbie

Something woke up the gremlin
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
I put my Defender TD5 in for steam cleaning and waxoyling at Strathearn a couple of weeks ago, and to repair the windscreen wipers. Turned out that an arm was damaged, which was replaced. Good job on the waxoyl, I'm pleased about that and will be going back at the end of the year.
Yesterday when half way through a 2 hour drive, my seat started to heat up all on its own. Despite -1 degree outside I was sweating alright. The seat heater switch stopped responding- staying in the off position (but with the heater on). At the same time, the wipers went mad, intermittent became constant in every position, and wouldn't park properly. When I got home, I switched off the ignition. Then a couple of minutes later switched on again so that I could write down the problems- and miraculously, everything working perfectly again!
Does anyone have a good method for landy exorcism?
Paul

2005 Defender 90 TD5 SW XS (mine)
2003 Nissan Terrano II 3.0TD SVE (mine)
2003 Defender 90 TD5 Hard-top (work)
2007 Defender 110 TD5 Double-cab pickup (work)

Scott110

Re: Something woke up the gremlin
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »
 ;D
lol landy exorcism i liked that one...

Threaten it with an engine convertion maybe a few light kicks to the wheels ive even spat on myne and worse took a pee on it. If your really annoyed go to a toy shop buy a soft foam baseball bat and unleash the rage.

Then you have it out your system, make a brew and check your connections maybe some steam has got in somewhere and confusing something.

i dont know much about the Td5 other than their a nightmare with electrics.

Good luck hope its not seriouse.

1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.