Tyre pressures......probably again I know!

· 4 · 1507

Big Slippy

Tyre pressures......probably again I know!
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »
Hi,

285/75/16 BFG AT's. checked them today and all at 55psi. Thought that a bit high. Does anyone know what they should be?

Also. If I take the plunge and enter my 1st event I presume they're fine for TYRO, but will I need mud terrains' for RTV.?

Thanks all.

Michael.
2005 Alive Defender 110 Double Cab
2015 Range Rover Sport

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Tyre pressures......probably again I know!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »
Hi,

285/75/16 BFG AT's. checked them today and all at 55psi. Thought that a bit high. Does anyone know what they should be?

Also. If I take the plunge and enter my 1st event I presume they're fine for TYRO, but will I need mud terrains' for RTV.?

Thanks all.

Michael.

AT's will take you a long way. Don't splash out untill you need to - or watch here for a cheap set of MTs. 55 psi all round is high all right, particularly at the front. 30 front 40 rear is a good "road" setting unless you are literally carrying a tonne in the back. You can afford to drop them even lower off-road on mud or sand.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Big Slippy

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »

Cheers Gene, sound advice.

How do you go about entering an event anyway, don't see any procedure on the site?

Michael.
2005 Alive Defender 110 Double Cab
2015 Range Rover Sport

bobby

• www.gemm4x4.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:42:28 PM »
Hi

Just look out for the next event that is coming up and go to the site that it is at and then fill in the paper work for the day hand over the entry fee and thats u ready to take part, (aslong as the car passes the Scrutineering test)

see u in the mud

bm
We drive the landrovers, we brake the landrovers, I fix the landrovers. GEMM 4X4 LTD workshop@gemm4x4.co.uk,, slrocchairman at gmail.com