Annoyed Landowner

· 10 · 2485

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Annoyed Landowner
« on: January 09, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
Got home from the Tyro to find a set of tyre prints - fat tyres with chains - up our farm track. Someone out for a jolly I guess, who chose to ignore two "No Unauthorised Vehicles" signs and turned round in our yard when they saw they could get no further. I'm not impressed - they are very lucky we never met......

Blatently ignoring signs in order to trespass on private property just gives us all a bad name. Grrrrr.

G.

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

allen

Re: Annoyed Landowner
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:49:07 PM »
not just visitors but you were not in ?

coolcamper55

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 06:06:26 PM »
Maybe it was the gas man ;) ;)

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »
Perhaps you have friends who were visiting .......

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
George from Tesco?
Navigator          GM1VBE

genem

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »
Perhaps you have friends who were visiting .......

Err no, the rest of the family were home. This was just some cheeky sod trying it on.

Scott110

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »
You should get some geese their evil little ***** i tell you anyone comes on your land they will have them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:44:53 AM by Admin »
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of "right to roam" - I get cars come past the house on a monthly basis: dead-end road.
I had walkers tramping through a field at the back of the house on Sunday afternoon. I think they got a bit of a shock when they saw an axe-wileding maniac.... I was splitting logs :D :D

genem

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 09:39:10 AM »
Ian, I've got a public footpath right through the farm, no problem with that - and walkers in fields are perfectly legal an'all. Its the ones who leave their litter bags outside our back door - or worse just dump it on the track that annoy me - a used nappy just by the hen-house last summer. My real pet hate is the clowns who think that they can get through into the forest in vehicles. They can't, locked Forestry gates etc, so they come up here and turn or on a couple of occaisions, just dump vehicles and toddle off for a walk/fish/p*sh-up. Reason for my annoyance - other than their cheek and my privacy ? - Our track has been an ice-rink for 5 weeks now, there is an adverse camber leading to a 10 foot drop into the river right by an old stone bridge - a listed building. If some clown messes that up and takes out the bridge parapet I'll be the one left with the bill for repairing it - to Hysterical Scotlands standards.  And as for the scum who sully the name of fishermen with their burnt out tents and heaps of broken bottles and cans after a weekends "fishing", well they have ruined the idea of "wild camping" and the National Park are working on By-Laws to ban camping other than on organised camp-sites - Will be in force on Lomond any time soon and elsewhere across the Park after that.

sthrifty

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »
Nice rant Gene but totally agree.The track up to our fishing hut is used as a dumping ground for all sorts of crap yet they have to pass the council skip to get to us it defies reason.

My father in law had same problem with cars coming up the track to his house until he put up beware of dogs sign and a big camera(dummy) but with cables and what looks like a solar power source,it works.

Genuine anglers campers take our empties with us,well done at tyro wish I could have made it
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/