Event Calendar

· 20 · 3849

coolcamper55

Re: Event Calendar
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 03:15:19 PM »
Thanks for that Ian, I and hopefully the rest of the membership, will be in a better position to understand the decision making process.

I may be wrong but it seems like the starting point is other non SLROC events, then we slot in the comps then the rest of the SLROC gets pegged in to whats left minus July.

Interesting

Thanks again

Tommy

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
Ian perhaps gave his own point of view of how he sees the calander being made up as he organises the comp safari's. As I am the poor sod who did actually put the whole events list together I can assure you that this club does not revolve around the comp safari dates, or other non club motorsport, and there is no hierarcy amongst club events, so please don't go reading any of that into it. Many of the weekend events in the club calander happen at the corresponding time every year, ie Bathgate driving day first weekend april, Coulport first weekend August, Bathgate comp third weekend august etc as many folk plan these into holidays etc so we don't go changing things about too much if it can be helped, but we go where we can, when we can, with theco-operation and good grace of our very supportive landowners.

Alan

coolcamper55

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 04:00:54 PM »
That's put balance into the matter, Thanks

Tommy

PamN

• Name: Pam Norrie
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 03:11:53 PM »
Thanks for that Ian, I and hopefully the rest of the membership, will be in a better position to understand the decision making process.

I may be wrong but it seems like the starting point is other non SLROC events, then we slot in the comps then the rest of the SLROC gets pegged in to whats left minus July.

Interesting

Thanks again

Tommy

It's not as daft as it may seem taking other clubs' dates into consideration.  If you plan an event on a date which clashes with someone else's similar event, both events suffer, as we have found in the past.  Ideally all the clubs would sit down and thrash out a joint calendar.  As that doesn't happen at present, the best method of protecting our events is to avoid any others which are in direct competition.  (There are really not that many).
Growing old disgracefully!

Dave T

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 07:16:26 AM »
Is there another GRR planned down at the Galloway Forrest, it was a fantastic day out this year.
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite