Tears ahead....

· 4 · 1588

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Tears ahead....
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »
With this slight thaw and the appearance of some black tarmac some folk appear to have forgotten that the ice ever existed - a short trip into town just now and there were cars roaring about. I'm afraid some of them are going to get a rude shock when the temp drops another couple of degrees overnight and this lot ices over again. :-(

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
Re: Tears ahead....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
I am seeing the same problem up here too. It's sad that these people never learn.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

coolcamper55

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »
I have just got back from taking my youngest to work up near to Hampden Park in Glasgow. The roads are still covered in huge chunks of ice, its like driving over corrugated iron and because its black with road muck it does not necessarily show up.

Another problem is flooding with water of a foot deep on the main road. I sailed through it but a few wee roller skates ground to a halt.

Tommy

jas23

• Name: John Sinclair
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 09:34:07 PM »
I watched in disbelief as the car in front of me after tailgating a lorry for 5 min overtook on the roads first thing this morning. (I would not have overtaken on a good summers day at the part he did). even me sitting way behind car could not see if road was clear. Very short memory on some. Or in a hurry to die