speakers

· 8 · 1624

jjc0424

speakers
« on: November 16, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »
Hi , not long had my first 90 now and its time to fit a radio and cb in , so not sure the best place were to fit a set of speakers , so any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks Jamie  8)

coolcamper55

Re: speakers
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 02:26:53 PM »
What shape of 90? Station wagon, van? it makes a difference to the options

jay2578

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
I had them fitted in the headlining above the driver and passenger in the 110, then i made my own cubby box and fitted a 6x9 on each side.... then theres he 1500w sub in the back ;D

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 05:24:50 PM »
Hey Jamie

When you get the hard top fitted, put the speakers into the headlining. You can run the wires up behind the trim at the corners of the window's. Is that where the old wires are? Closer to your ears rather than your knees.

There are a couple of dash mounts avilable which allow cb & stereo in main dash.  I'm guessing you probably have a power supply sitting ready from the previous owner.
My stereo is in centre of dash and CB forward of the handbrake under dash.  This works ok for me

CB radio needs a metal base for aerial, remeber mine had the light bar's, I fitted a small metal for the mag mount.  (or a roof rack ;))

Hows the rest of the 90? Timing belt done?
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »
SORRY ? What was that ?? I can't hear you over the engine noise, gearbox whine and rumbling tyres.....

::)

....near the top of my list is some sound-proofing !
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

jay2578

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
Or a 1500w sub in the back! Drowns out engine, wife, kids........ ;D

coolcamper55

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »
On my 90 van I put them just in front of the seatbelt mounts just about in line with the driver's ear height.

As to the CB I put it on the passenger side of the cubby box, in my current vehicle it sits on the back of the cubby box.

I found on the 90 TD5 there was not a viable position for the CB most of the space would have resulted in the radio being clobbered by the gear stick or my knuckles when using the handbrake.

T

jjc0424

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »
hi , emm hardtop got put on at the weekend rauri 8)  its a 90 van , no windows , but theres no headlining in it , i put carpet on the roof and sides ;D so would be looking for ideas to suit that     if i was to mount them at the seatbelt what is the best thing to use to mount them..... i am getting raptor engineering to build my dashboard so wil have cb and radio mounted there    thanks for your ideas more welcome jamie 8)

p.s regaurding the soft top , not sure weather to sell or keep , not sure if anyone would be intrested to buy it , its a military thermal lined top with windows , black in colour galvy roll cage with extra roll cage , galvy guttering for all windows , the half of the back door with seals very good condition no damage or bangs and the tie down brackets ( got all fittings and and bolts )