Wanted - rear hub for Series Two

· 5 · 1182

stan

• Ex Military 110
Wanted - rear hub for Series Two
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:46:24 PM »
Hi there, trying to help a friend who is rebuilding a Series Two. He has ordered a new chassis but has discovered that the rear axle has been bodged at some time and one side has been fitted with a Series Three hub ( the wheel studs are larger ). So looking for a Series Two hub complete if possible including bearing, backplate etc. Ideally everything from the axle tube outwards. I am in Glasgow but will travel reasonable distance to collect and remove from axle if that helps.
Cheers, Stan.

hxk494

• Edinburgh
Re: Wanted - rear hub for Series Two
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »
I've got a pair of rear 2a hubs complete if they are of any use, removed from axle tube whole and sitting in my garage. They were off a 109 so may not be exactly what you are after.

Cheers,
Martin.

stan

• Ex Military 110
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 04:56:03 PM »
Now collected hubs from Martin, many thanks again.

Stan

hxk494

• Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 10:30:28 PM »
No probs, good to meet you Stan.

I heard from my Dad that you managed to pick up the rear door OK. Did you find the brass wing nut off the filter housing in the end? If not I'm sure it will be around somewhere so I can pop it in the post to you if required.

Let me know your thoughts on the tub when you've had a chance to formulate any plans, I'll not strip anything off it till I hear from you.

Cheers,
Martin.

stan

• Ex Military 110
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
Thanks again Martin, PM sent

Cheers

Stan