Series 3 diesel

· 4 · 657

sbrian

• Name: Steve Brian
Series 3 diesel
« on: November 01, 2016, 07:49:08 PM »
Gents

I have just bought my first series truck. A lovely 88" 77R plate diesel. What would you suggest is the best engine oil for me to use?

Thanks

Steve

OldJocksRustbucket

Re: Series 3 diesel
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:43:46 PM »
Hi Steve, welcome, great you've got your Land Rover, i use 15w/40 in my TDi and had no problems, Haynes manual states 5w/30 for non turbo, i change the oil & filter regularly around 3k to 4k miles, recommended is 6k but i think it gets really mucky by then, depends how your using it of course mines is not pushed, like me its old and needs regular TLC. I get most of my service stuff and oils from Mike Aitken's, Ladybank as thier close and have good quality stuff, depends where you are of course, get a good quality brand.
Jock

sbrian

• Name: Steve Brian
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:00:32 PM »
Thanks Jock
Alex lindsay is the man to look after my new truck. I live west side of Edinburgh. The truck won't do to many miles but I will still be around at Alex's frequently just making sure everything is ok

Steve

OldJocksRustbucket

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 09:54:11 PM »
Hi Steve
Pure Luxury if you have someone to do the maintenance, will you be about at any of the green runs, mostly here's where we go, might see you there, im not into competitions as my old bones couldn't take the punishment, might try a TYRO /RTV one day its on my bucket list.
Jock