Disco TD5 starting issues

· 7 · 1703

sardass

• Mountain Rescue Search Dogs
Disco TD5 starting issues
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »
Hi got a 2002 disco TD5, got an issue with it starting but not all the time, it some times when you turn the key just click, try it a couple of times and away it starts and won't bother us again for a day or 2
Paul Martin
www.sarda.org.uk
Disco 300TDI

Alan Mc

Re: Disco TD5 starting issues
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 10:52:37 PM »
Hi.

Also have a TD5 with streaming issues.  Mine I think is down to to air leak into fuel system therefore, starved at start up.  I can address mine with either cranking a lot or using the priming sequence (a la relplacing say, fuel filter).  I just haven't got round to sorting mine but will when I get time.

If  I'm reading your post right, sounds like you're getting a click on start and therefore sounds more like a starter motor problem.

By no means an expert BTW, Alan.

piper5

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 08:08:27 AM »
Probably the cold weather getting to it  ;D ;D ;D

piper5

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:12:15 AM »
Seriously though Paul is the starter clicking or something electrical?
Check you don't have something interfering with the alarm , remember the issues we had with the dodgy wireless doorbell blocking the alarm , next time try starting with the eka code not the key fob

diesel jock

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »
Starter solenoid contacts wearing out common td5 issue you can get repair kits from repair kits uk for about £15 relatively easy to fit cam be done with the starter in place if your confident or take the starter off so you can see what your up to.

Cheers
Stewart

diesel jock

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 10:10:22 AM »

oilcan

• Name: Raymond Boyd
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 08:03:53 PM »
Have a check at your battery terminals. I had this with mine and it turned out to be the eath clamp wasnt tiht enough. 9 times out of 10 it would start then it wouldnt. I had to pop the bonnet and give the terminal a tap then it work again no problems. Is yours manual or auto?