Freelander 1 tyres

· 4 · 1367

luxinterior67

• Name: Edwin Hambley
Freelander 1 tyres
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »
Afternoon, just bought a 2000 l series freelander with various typical Freelander faults, which I'm gradually working through. A question for the forum; the back tyres are Wrangler all weather hp. The fronts are Horizon , which I reckon are cheap chinese tyres. The wranglers don't have a lot of life left and the horizons just look like car tyres.  So, what tyre brand is everyone  running on their Freelander 1's. I'm been looking at barum 4*4, or Avon Ranger so far,which seem like decent all rounders, any thoughts, cheers

GSM

• Name: Gordon McCheyne
Re: Freelander 1 tyres
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 07:32:29 AM »
Hello and welcome!

I'm on my second Freelander 1 and have used General Grabber AT tyres on both and found them to be very good. I'm soon going to be buying BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres to try them out - they get a good name also.
It's vital that all the tyres are the same size otherwise it will have a detrimental effect on the VCU.

I have just finished stripping my first Freelander of all its parts before scrapping the shell so if you need anything, contact me and I'll see if I can help out.

Are you planning on using it off road much?

Cheers,
Gordon

luxinterior67

• Name: Edwin Hambley
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
Hi, General grabber AT's, right I'll price them up. Offroad? Ultimately yes, but just no great plans at the moment, it was bought as a bit of a project. I did a Borda off course with my work years ago so I do fancy the idea but not immediately. So far I've fixed the hill descent, both electric windows and now it wont start. I suspect the starter motor solenoid.

GSM

• Name: Gordon McCheyne
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:03:39 PM »
Check the earth straps.

I've got a starter motor from my last one if you need it.