3.9 V8

· 3 · 1068

landysam1

3.9 V8
« on: May 20, 2015, 09:31:27 PM »
Hi

Can anyone tell me are all 3.9 14cux ECUs the same even though they have different codes ?. i have 2 from Discos and 1 from RRC all seem to start and run without any problems or fault codes but is there a long term affect. also any ideas on how to tune or change the chip without needing a second mortgage.

thanks
Sam

rangerovering

Re: 3.9 V8
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
Yes they are essentially the same, the serpentine ones reputedly have better idle control (in part due to the 5am air flow meter) and may have other minor tweaks but all should perform the same.

On the subject of air flow meters, you can run an early ECU with a 3am or 5am meter, but not a later ecu with a 3am meter. The 3am's are rubbish anyway so putting the later variant on is sensible.

Mapping, depends how capable you are with computers and electronics. I can offer a map and fitting it into your ecu (requires soldering a new socket and chip to the board) with a good driveable engine without the mid range flat spot. Its a few weeks away from being ready I need to sort my own car out first but drop me a pm if you are interested.
Steve

landysam1

Re: 3.9 V8
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply PM sent about the Map