Series 3, no 'high' range!!

· 6 · 1407

Dogmatix

• Name: Dave
Series 3, no 'high' range!!
« on: January 09, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »
I can't get the 'high ratio' on my transfer box. Can engage 'low' and everything's fine but when I select 'high' I have no drive. I took off the wee inspection panel on the top of the case and everything looks OK just no drive.
Where do I need to be looking.
The travel on the selector lever seems to be fine and I've checked for sloppy and loose linkages.
Can anyone give me a clue?
Thanks in advance.
Dave
Man has achieved great things armed with a large hammer and a good working knowledge in profanity..........

cenemc

Re: Series 3, no 'high' range!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »
It will be the selector rods being sticky.
Rather than a long post from me, have a look at the thread on the S2C forum, which has pictures to assist.
http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/forum/index.php/topic,45716.0.html
As you know there are not many differences between your Series 3 gearbox and a Series 2 gearbox.

HTH

Mods, I apologise for a posting linking to another forum but the answer given there is so much better and just what Dogmatix needs

gennydoctor

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »
Are your rear halfshafts ok? Try pushing the yellow lever down in high box and see if it drives or get someone to see if your rear prop is turning when your clutch is out in high box.

Dogmatix

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 12:31:31 AM »
Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.
I'll check it out tomorrow.
Pretty sure it's the linkage binding, just need to figure out why.
It's on the Landie I'm rebuilding and I've a feeling I've made a 'schoolboy error' refitting the linkages.  :P
Thanks again.
Man has achieved great things armed with a large hammer and a good working knowledge in profanity..........

Dogmatix

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 09:01:46 PM »
Got my problem solved.
I had taken the selector lever off to de-gunk it a wee while back. When I refitted it I mounted the pivot bracket to the front of the mounting luge instead of to the rear. Really screwed up the travel. Stupid schoolboy error.
Thanks again for the helpful advice.
Dave

cenemc

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »
Glad your sorted, can't be long to being on the road now?