Disco 2 indicator and Hazard problems

· 1 · 1032

DRH

Disco 2 indicator and Hazard problems
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:40:45 PM »
As above

I'm having problems with indicators giving a single flash on the dashboard but no external lights. Hazards also not working. Interior lights come on manually but not when the doors opened. I was also not getting any brake lights, but this seems to have been resolved after I fitted a second hand fusebox with the same part number (the last one had a burnt circuit and was corroded).

I've got a Nanocom and all the switches etc are checking out ok when checking the body inputs, but when checking the body outputs it says its not getting a response from the ECU.

I've done the simple stuff first and had the engine compartment fusebox out and replace some terminals. Replaced the interior fusebox with a good second hand one and checked the condition of the wiring down in the passenger footwell behind the dash.

I also let the fusebox sit with the ignition on so that they could "talk to each other"

This all looks like the BCU is on it's way out - can anyone suggest anything else to look at before I go down that route.

Also with everything else working with the exception of the interior lights, I was thinking of trying to by pass the indicator circuit of the BCU and re-wire the same way as earlier Disco's. Has anyone tried this with any degree of success?

Any help would be appreciated.

Duncan [taz.gif]