Green Road Run 1st June

· 6 · 2285

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Green Road Run 1st June
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:51:40 AM »
We are just finalising the details for the next GRR on Sunday 1st June. There are a couple of landowners involved so its a bit more complex than usual !

The outline is a 10.00 start at Aberfoyle Woollen Mill, with a good long drive in Loch Ard Forest in the offing, subject to confirmation of the route by FC.  If the other landowners play ball we should have an even better run and as usual finish late afternoon !

Food and Fuel available at Aberfoyle.  £10 per vehicle to cover the FC admin costs, 1 SLROC ( or other ARC registered Club) member required per vehicle to cover Insurance requirements.

See you there ! 

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

genem

Re: Green Road Run 1st June
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 08:38:41 PM »
Right, that's both landowners confirmed we are ON !  A superb long run through the Forest, lochs and hills to arrive out at Cailness on the shore of Loch Lomond.  Stunning stuff !

Pics from previous trips in the area ...

lurch032003

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »
 :D found some pics from last one i attended

[attachment deleted by admin]

lurch032003

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
 ;) some more

[attachment deleted by admin]

genem

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »
Just off the phone with the Forestry Commission - A last minute change to the route for the GRR on Sunday but it actually improves things, gives us access to new areas. Just a reminder then - 10.00am at the Woollen Mill in Aberfoyle, £10 per vehicle, at least one club member required for Insurance purposes.

Bring a camera, food and fuel are available in Aberfoyle.

Expect at least 45Km of off-road driving including some spectacular mountain views, the Cailness Hairpins and Loch Lomond. Micheal and I will be out sign-posting the route tomorrow evening

mel

• Name: Patrick McInally
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »
What a good day, the weather was kind to. Thanks to genem and anyone else who helped orginize it, Have to say sorry to bob as my cb blew a fuse just as we got back on to taramack.