Ifor Williams CT177 Car Transporter

· 7 · 6434

adeparko

• Name: Adrian Parkinson
Ifor Williams CT177 Car Transporter
« on: March 18, 2014, 01:46:24 PM »
Its become time to finally throw in the towel and give up on my dream of ever getting another track car  :blub:

I bought this Ifor Williams CT177 car transporter new, and with the optional extra 3T winch and loading straps, it cost me £4272 including vat

Unfortunately due to blowing up the engine in my Skyline, it only got used about 4 times before being sat in storage unused.  The winch has never been used.  Trailer is in excellent condition, but it is stored outdoors, so does have weathering marks

All the photo below are from the Ifor Williams website, I will try to make time to take some photos of the actual trailer and will update the thread

The CT177 is the largest of the Ifor Car Transporter range, with a maximum gross weight of 3500kg.

Overall length is 6.7m, width is 2.3m.  Internal length is 5m, width is 1.91m

A versatile transporter, wide enough for most light commercials and narrow enough for the smaller car, the CT177 is the ideal trailer for the motor trade or professional sport.

Its tilt bed action combined with pull out mini-skids allows for quick and efficient loading of vehicles either under their own power or using the optional extra winch.

The combination of optimum engineering design and high strength materials has produced a trailer with an excellent strength to weight ratio. Wheel arch tops are only 10cm (4") from the bed to give ample door clearance and feature high grip treads for safe entry and exit from the vehicle being carried. The optional heavy duty wheel straps feature a soft-link that will not damage expensive alloy wheels and can be stowed away in the built-in toolbox.

Mini-skids, to give improved ground clearance, can be quickly and easily slid into position. Fully retained at all times they cannot be lost or stolen and once the vehicle is loaded they simply slide back in place within the rear deck.

The removable winch arm is fully adjustable from side to side allowing alignment with off-centre vehicle recovery eyes

Key features include:

Lockable hitch/coupling head:

In-built lockable toolbox:

Spare Wheel:

In-built extendable skids:

£2950ono

I will also include the following items with the sale:

- 3T vehicle loading/securing straps
- Insurance approved wheel clamp
- Insurance approved padlock for the built-in tool box
- Insurance approved steel security rope and padlock which was used to strap the trailer to a post in storage

Thanks

Ade
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:48:23 PM by adeparko »

adeparko

Re: Ifor Williams CT177 Car Transporter
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:25:51 PM »
Photo's of actual trailer are below, apologies for the delay

Serial number to check my ownership status via Ifor Williams or TER available on request

Let me know if you need any further information

Thanks

Ade

adeparko

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »
Forgot to mention that the electric lead for the lights, between the trailer and car, is brand new and still in the wrapping :D

Thanks

Ade

mac

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 11:39:22 PM »
Cracking trailer.  I would buy if I could reconcile spending 'car money' on a car only trailer instead of my multipurpose flatbed!  If you put this on eBay it should easily make the money you are asking!

adeparko

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:52:04 AM »
Yeah, I've seen the same model trailers, but older and in tatty condition still go for £3k+ on ebay and Gumtree

I hope the great condition of my trailer comes over on the photos. Its only been used a hand full of times

Ebay and Gumtree will be my last option, as from selling stuff on them in the past you get some weird people on there lol

Would prefer to do a deal with someone on the owners forums I'm on if possible, as I would prefer for someone to get the benefit and use out of the trailer

Thanks

Ade

adeparko

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »
Still available - price is open to offers

Thanks

Ade

adeparko