Autosparks Loom

· 21 · 5761

piper5

Re: Autosparks Loom
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »
http://forum.militarylightweight.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23&start=130
some pics here of an autospark loom half fitted

http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/LRL%20M.html  and here is the proper wiring diagrams and expanation of the various changes the military made to the electrics
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:23:44 PM by piper5 »

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 11:23:09 PM »
http://forum.militarylightweight.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23&start=130
some pics here of an autospark loom half fitted

http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/LRL%20M.html  and here is the proper wiring diagrams and expanation of the various changes the military made to the electrics

Yep, thats the 2A lightweight circuit diagrams I've been using - hence my confusion when there are wires with no visible purpose or any way to actually plug them in to anything - the light on the green/brown cable being a case in point. On the diagram that colour combination is only used between the wiper motor and switch - and its an obvious bit of the loom with a ready made connector at the end.....yet I've got a light fitting on wire of that colour and several other buckshee wires in green/brown as well. A phonecall tomorrow first thing, methinks.

G. 
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

genem

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 10:11:15 AM »
A phonecall tomorrow first thing, methinks.

...Technical guy is still on holiday :-(

genem

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »
Todays update...

Rang three times, the guy "has a lot of emails to work through"...  Finally got hold of him at 4.15, he'd not opened my email or had a chance to look at  the pictures I sent. Basic line was that "We've sold hundreds of looms and they are great".... does not quite tie up with ..."and I spend a lot of time on the phone explaining things with customers".  So far we have reached the following conclusions - at least one wire is missing and they'll post it out. No idea why the cabling is too short, maybe I've not fixed in right... No explanation of the extra wiring or why they have not followed the coding on the circuit diagram.....despite the line that "we are not auto-electricians, we just manufacture copies of looms"... and " most people employ an auto-electrician to do this...". By then it was 4.30 and "they are turning off the computers, ring back tomorrow while next to the vehicle and I'll talk you through the loom..."

I am NOT a happy bunny.

lexi

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »

I think this is the problem with Landy's and the variations. 

I wont buy a Loom but think to make my own a bit at a a time just gathering the wire colours.

To buy a loom at £200 and then employ a spark?.........That is not the Scottish Landy ethic?   ;D ;D

genem

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »
Yesterdays update... I made a list of every wire on the loom, starting with the "farthest away" - the OS/F lights then rang the guy back. We then walked the loom backwards with him telling me what each wire was and me explaining my problems. They are now going to send out a new section for the alternator, which has a wire missing. At the same time I've note a series of silly errors - like spade connectors that should be rings etc. There are also still several wires/connectors that Autosparks themselves cannot explain, so who know what had happened to the loom they copied, it certainly ain't "as per the book".

I now need a clear half-day, at least to get in amongst it again, with the notes I took on Friday.

G.