200tdi Rattle!

· 20 · 4048

SJF

• Name: Stuart Ford
Re: 200tdi Rattle!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 11:47:34 PM »
If you thing it's coming from the front end take injector out cylinder 1 bar the engine just past tdc get a long thin Allen key or something that fits down the injector hole and press down on the piston if the piston moves down you have a small end issue but when checking its important you got by tdc so the crank is dragging the piston down the bore this will allow you to push it if there is a problem.
How is that engine so clean ? Lol

Flying scotsman

• Name: Graeme kirkwood
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 08:42:53 PM »
If you thing it's coming from the front end take injector out cylinder 1 bar the engine just past tdc get a long thin Allen key or something that fits down the injector hole and press down on the piston if the piston moves down you have a small end issue but when checking its important you got by tdc so the crank is dragging the piston down the bore this will allow you to push it if there is a problem.
How is that engine so clean ? Lol

Gave it a try and it wouldnt budge :(

My 200Tdi developed a light 'clicky' noise which I thought was a loose tappet or cam follower.  Turned out it was the crankshaft bolt had slackened allowing the front pulley to eat away the shaft  :o

tried this too and its the way it should be  :(
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

SJF

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
We're are you based ?

SJF

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 10:37:27 PM »
Pm me your number and ill pop round next week if you'll be in Cumbernauld right ?

Flying scotsman

• Name: Graeme kirkwood
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »
Yes I'm based in cumbernauld, Pm sent  ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln