* Wanted eberspacher d2 12v heater fuel pump*

· 15 · 3294

dubwiser

* Wanted eberspacher d2 12v heater fuel pump*
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »
Managed to get a  eberspacher D2 but need a fuel pump. Has anyone got one??
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 04:03:55 PM by dubwiser »

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Wanted eberspacher d2 12v heater
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:33:05 PM »
OK, I know its not been the best August ...but thats going a bit far.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

discodavy

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »
hello dubwiser,ive got a eberspacher d3w i was going to advertise on the very forum this weekend if it suits.this is the one that plumbs into the coolant line and heats the engine.its the basic unit and im looking for £80 for it.

dubwiser

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:14:42 AM »
hello dubwiser,ive got a eberspacher d3w i was going to advertise on the very forum this weekend if it suits.this is the one that plumbs into the coolant line and heats the engine.its the basic unit and im looking for £80 for it.

Pm sent. And first refusale please.

Chewrs craig.

dubwiser

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 11:01:04 PM »
Bump, anyone else??

dubwiser

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:12:03 PM »

maz

• Name: Martyn
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 08:11:35 AM »
I've been looking for one my self mate, their not easy to find cheap, and if you DO find it cheap then be careful, as the ECU for a broken eberspaecher or wesbasto can cost £300 on its own. Which is why they sell it like 'was working when it was removed blah blah'. Theres some guys on gumtree selling refurbished kits for around £350-450 and others on ebay selling kits for £750.

Im thinking it may be worth going with one of those so I have some recourse if it stops working the first week.

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
just out of interest get one from a truck breakers - a lot cheaper
yes it will be 24v bt 12 to 24v transformers are quite cheap  :o
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

chiboy24659

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »
 8) I have a heater here for sale think its all there was going to fit it into my van but not got round to it £50 and you can take it away I'm in Stenhousemuir
300 v8i Discovery with a few mods lol

oilcan

• Name: Raymond Boyd
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:36 PM »
Do you know if this is fully working and any chqnce you could post a pic of all the bits youve got. Just 1 pic would be fine. If its easier i can send my email or mobile number

maz

• Name: Martyn
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »
Do you know if this is fully working and any chqnce you could post a pic of all the bits youve got. Just 1 pic would be fine. If its easier i can send my email or mobile number

This isn't a for sale thread mate, it's dubwiser's wanted thread. Perhaps it would be polite if you gave him first refusal of chiboy's heater?

oilcan

• Name: Raymond Boyd
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »
Didnt mean to step on anones toes. I only asked for a pic and offered my details as its sometimes easier to send pics to email or a message on a phone. If dubwiser wants it then fair enough and if not i might be interested. Not made my mind up if this is the route i want to go yet. Just gathering information just now but like i said sorry if i jumped in on this

blackboilersuit

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 03:38:55 PM »
just out of interest get one from a truck breakers - a lot cheaper
yes it will be 24v bt 12 to 24v transformers are quite cheap  :o

A transformer is no good as it only works on AC. What you would need is a DC to DC convertor and one of the correct size to run an eber isn't going to be cheap. The eber has a glow plug in it that needs quite a few amps to run it. I would guess that depending on the model of heater you'd need a minimum of a 10A convertor and a quick google shows them coming in at around £75 on ebay.

I've been looking for one my self mate, their not easy to find cheap, and if you DO find it cheap then be careful, as the ECU for a broken eberspaecher or wesbasto can cost £300 on its own. Which is why they sell it like 'was working when it was removed blah blah'. Theres some guys on gumtree selling refurbished kits for around £350-450 and others on ebay selling kits for £750.

Im thinking it may be worth going with one of those so I have some recourse if it stops working the first week.

I had just this experience when I fitted an eber D2 in a self build camper I put together 5 years ago. It was working ok when removed turned out to be a ferked ECU. I bought a new ECU from an Eber supplier on ebay trading in the channel islands to avaid paying VAT. Even VAT free a new ECU was £230 - 5 years ago! Given the price of a second hand untested unit on ebay if I were buying one again I'd probably go down the refurb route too.

dubwiser

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »
8) I have a heater here for sale think its all there was going to fit it into my van but not got round to it £50 and you can take it away I'm in Stenhousemuir

Thanks chiboy il pm you!!

dubwiser

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »

This isn't a for sale thread mate, it's dubwiser's wanted thread. Perhaps it would be polite if you gave him first refusal of chiboy's heater?

Thanks Maz thats prity  >:( oilcan.