it would not be me

· 9 · 2198

brido

it would not be me
« on: October 22, 2010, 07:57:09 PM »
seen this on you tube thought it was brill would not be me though brido http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0zixHwp3A
Brian Taylor M168 OMS

pepsimax

Re: it would not be me
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »
Impressive stuff........LANDROVER    THE BEST 4X4XFAR !
The only difference between men and boys, is of course the price of their toys !

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 01:24:49 AM »
that takes guts lol, nice one ;D ;D ;D
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

LandRoverV8

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:14:02 PM »
Either i'm getting old or you are easily impresed,
Land Rover demonstration team used to go round the agricultural shows with a far better climing frame demonstarting there products and giving the public the chance to sit in there open short wheelbase landie.
There was always a very large que of willing victims without the wheel-spin and not stopping till they reached the end of the frame.
This was before Hse screwed with everybodys life.
I am sure some of the current members will remember this at the Highland Show late 50's early 60's.

stage recovery

Highland Show Land Rovers display
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
I had a run on the demonstration rig at the Highland Show in the early 60,s,after a period of going back and forward over the steel frame the driver said he would have to stop to let the gearbox cool down.I also remember Land Rover football in the main arena,2 or 3 motors in each side and a ball about 6ft high,there was a mishap when 2 motors collided head on taking out each others front drivers side wings.

LandRoverV8

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 09:35:23 PM »
Was your run on the demonstration rigg not better than what was shown on Youtube?

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 09:38:10 PM »
I remember the LR Demo team bringing 3 (?) hard-worked examples of the then pretty new Disco to a BAMA event at Longmoor - probably to show off their capabilities to the military. They absolutely threw them about the place and certainly showed them off to the limit - with no regard to the bodywork. I remember one ended up with the N/S rear quarter ripped open, the others were not quite so bad. The driver of the worst one, when ragged about how he'd explain the damage said " No problem, all three are for the baler on Monday".  :o :o Obviously they had already planned this as the last outing for some of the demonstrator fleet.

AFAIK the MOD only ever bought a very few Discos, I always thought they'd have made an ideal staff car.

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

brido

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »
Things in the past always Seem better iam still impressed with it brian
Brian Taylor M168 OMS

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 05:29:33 PM »
Tame stuff compared to MudMaster!