P38 4.6HSE

· 7 · 2307

scd

P38 4.6HSE
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »
Hi All

Do any of you guys on here have the correct equipment to run diagnostics on a 4.6HSE!!

You have to excuse my limited ignorant knowledge of what it is called - maybe Landrover notebook or something similar to that??

My HSE is gas converted and not running 100% correctly and we need to check a couple of things and maybe reset the throttle position sensor and the like!!!  (I could be talking nonsense about this - I am going on memory from what my mate told me!!).

Any hoo - any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Scott

rangerovering

Re: P38 4.6HSE
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »
Got a mate with all the stuff, however he isn't up here till the end of september. What is it doing exactly? What gas system is on it?
Steve

mac

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 11:20:15 PM »
You would be better getting the appropriate lead and software for your LPG kit - assuming your motor runs OK on petrol.  Most of the LPG diagnostic software will give you the TPS reading.  You can also check it with a multimeter.

scd

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
Hi

Thanks for your reply's - it runs well on petrol, and we have the software for the gas conversion, and can get the lead for ?40ish - the issue seems to be when I start it from cold it idles at about 2k rpm, and then once warmed up sits to idle at 780ish rpm as it should!!  However when cold, and you select a gear, it drops down to the correct idle position!!

We need the landrover testbook or similar (or what ever it is called) to reset the throttle position sensor or the idle control valve!! as someone has obviously had it off at some point, and it hasn't been reset.

Again - any help or advice etc etc greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Scott

scd

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 12:47:57 PM »
Hi

Anyone got any suggestions on this, or access to the software/hardware etc??

Thanks

Scott

badger12

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 02:21:31 PM »
Not much help but you just missed the fella mentioned by RR. He was with me for 2 days!

I know of a good gas guy in Kirkcaldy - whereabouts are you?

rangerovering

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »
Jim Tait at Wellside Motors in Scotlandwell. Brilliant guy, most clued up person about LPG I know (have met a few "experts"!!).

Has the car been serviced with LR genuine ignition components?
Steve