2" suspension lift on discovery 1

· 6 · 1908

bertracoon1616

2" suspension lift on discovery 1
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »
Hey guys, im thinking about doing a 2 inch lift to my discovery but not sure which parts to go for, had a look at Britpart stuff but everyone keeps saying they are worse than useless! Can anyone send me a link or recommend somewhere to buy or what parts to go for. I dont do any particularly hardcore offroading so it doesnt need to be too extreme.

Cheers

Ally
1995 Discovery 3.9 V8

Give it the beans!!

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Re: 2" suspension lift on discovery 1
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »
Britpart have been in business for many years now.... if they were that bad, they would have folded  ???

Why do you want a 2" lift?
If you just want to raise the vehicle a bit, then swap to gas shockers.... they will raise the a bit just by their very nature.

wullie_r

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »
I bought Bearmach HD standard height springs and Pro Comp gas shocks for my Disco 1, cost ?200 for the kit from a company advertised in LRO.  (not sure on rules for naming companies on here so pm me if u want the name)

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »
Wullie,

No problem with recommending a name on here if you have had a good experience with a supplier and someone else is looking for help.
The problem arises when the various companies themselves want to start punting their wares or services all over the forum and we get buried in adverts. We aim to maintain a commercial free forum!

Alan

jay2578

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »
Britpart have been in business for many years now.... if they were that bad, they would have folded  ???

Bit like their springs! ;D

3 coops

• RRC HCPU/ Disco 200TDI/Ser2SWB/RiceHorseBox
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 08:46:48 PM »
I bought a 2'' lift for my 200tdi disco from Frogs Island 4x4, asked the lots of q's about loading, front winch, roof tent etc, very helpful, have had them on for over a year and only good things to say, probably would not have needed them if i had not rushed into buying a rather oversize set of tyres at Newbury sortout, but it does look great.

coop
VERY FOND OF WEISSBIER