neils

• Name: Neil Scott
Re: what did you do with your landy in 2014
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2014, 03:49:46 PM »
Great to hear it, you've had a tough time with that.
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!

lurch032003

« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »
Thank you, its been a long progress but succeeded , I have learned one hell of alot. Which I'm sure will come into good use in the future as I progress in owning more projects I just hope this one outlive's me lol
Anyway time fir me to rest up and enjoy next few days as getting treated by swmbo fir birthday all I know us to pack two sets of nice clothes!!
Laters all

John

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2014, 11:21:16 PM »
Pleased for you John, about time you had a job go well !

;)
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2014, 07:43:36 AM »
Ty gene , yep its taken time to get this working but I always get there in the end lol and its kept me busy and taught me alot which I have enjoyed at least now I can join in the events that you have planned so well and look forward to partaking in now .

Sooty

• been there winched that
  • Name: mike robertson
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2014, 10:01:52 PM »
started off KOG like so

had a slight issue which ended like this

& the team managed to rebuild it to start the 2nd day which we finished looking like

Started out with nothing,
Still have most of it left

lurch032003

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2014, 11:54:39 AM »
Ouch that looks like it hurt !!! Glad you got it sorted and was able to continue on.

lurch032003

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2014, 11:32:40 PM »
Well things are going well with new engine , done some tinkering on her just to get her running so I'm happy, done a couple of test drive's and managed to get on a good  straight bit of road today and open her up and she ran really well good pick up and engaged in all gears nicely and handled well.
Doing a bit of a trip tomorrow to dump and mates just to give her engine a good thrash to clear her throat out see how she fairs for it, bar that its back to work on the other one now which runs okay so don't need a engine for  her thank god , so laters all keep posting what your up to
Cheers John

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2014, 02:35:03 PM »
New silicone hose for intercooler, new rad pipes in, new fuel pipes. New heater webasto heater matrix and coolant hoses waiting installation  8)
Seat box bolted back , just a pile of wiring to complete that phase of the project. And then sound proofing before the seats go in.
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

lurch032003

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2014, 02:45:40 PM »
Still tinkering on her , still running her in and tweaking bits here and there but all things seem to be good , will wait till after its not in July before I do any big trip in her just so I have peace of mind that shes fully checked anyways fitted two speakers so can here the radio better at head hueght in dog guard plus fixed up emergency braking light which is remote controlled and yes it's a boys with there toys moment lol
Anyways laters

lurch032003

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »
Yesterday had my mate pop down who is on the search to buy a landrover lwb to take with him to morrocoo and wanted a shot in mine as he has only ever driven new types so I took him for a drive to garage to top up fuel and laughed to myself at every corner he was hanging on with both hands and his faced said it all lol I assured him it won't roll and its perfectly safe but still the dash to grab the hand rail at front still happened lol
Anyway gave him a shot along the private bit of road and back and he was astonished at it handling and its turning circle , I said just drive it it won't brake ( fingers crossed ) as he carefully tried to reverse it he was worried it would get scratched lol I kept saying reverse into the bushes if you want it won't hurt it eventually he managed to get her round and was surprised at no power steering and there turning circle but he enjoyed it so I took over and we went fir a wee drive to my mates house fir coffee and back which he loved anyways what I did find out is my clutch is slipping badly so tomorrow its replacement time .
Laters :-)

lurch032003

« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »
Since my last update I have been busy replacing the clutch on the S3 and today I finally finished it and had a good run to find all my hard work has paid off, phew!! Tomorrow she and two other vehicles are getting there mots done so got this sorted just in time, the old clutch disc was shinny on both sides where it had been slipping against the flywheels and could be saved as a Spair by roughing the shin off but that's anther job fir a later date, well if tomorrow goes well its back to work on the S2a as she is coming along slowly and is starting to look like a landrover again so untill next time
Cheers

lurch032003

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2014, 11:58:37 PM »
My S3 still at garage after a week  :( but no news is good news I hope , s2a got hoops on and canvas fitted and gave it a good jet wash and then draped it over our picnic table to get to roof , lat it dry for a bit a got the red dye out and gave it a good soaking in it as want a red canvas to match I neither the red paintwork it will eventually have just to be different (swmbo) also seat box repaired and temp fitted plus a new clutch slave fitted, got master cylinder fir clutch and brake to do next plus some flexi pipes to do but getting there slow but sure
Cheers

lurch032003

« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2014, 12:48:04 AM »
Nothing much really done lately , S3 still at garage waiting to be done but there's no rush , s2a have been bits and bibs that's had to be done and that's about it barvenjoyingvthe weather while its here
Anyways laters and cheers

lurch032003

« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2014, 11:36:44 PM »
Hi all hope your all okay out there as nobody been posting what there up too so take it everyone sunbathing lol
My landrover series 3 still at garage waiting to be finished still!!! My series 2a has been getting dusty as not been fit enough to tackle anything big but have been applying layers of red dye to the canvas every so often and is starting to look the way I want it .
Bar that I been busy health wise trying to get things sorted out with different things so take care and speak laters
Cheers john

lurch032003

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2014, 11:38:25 PM »
A pic of the hood so far