Land rover show in Scotland

· 47 · 21022

chiboy24659

Land rover show in Scotland
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:16:13 AM »
 8) Hi any one seen this no real info at mo but will be great if it goes ahead
10th & 11th April - Landrover Owners Show Knockhill see here 4th one down  :D :D

http://www.knockhill.com/events/car-racing-events.php
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:22:34 AM by chiboy24659 »
300 v8i Discovery with a few mods lol

sthrifty

Re: Land rover show in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »
Looks good the club should think about having a stand at this
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

sthrifty

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 06:28:13 PM »
It looks like this will sadly clash with club events
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:28:30 PM »
Pity this Knockhill thing happens to be on at the same time as our annually biggest attended event, the Bathgate driving day, so the choice is get out there, get muddy and use your Landy at one of the best events of the year, or pay for parking and an entry ticket just to stand around and talk about it  ???
I know what I would rather be doing!!

milton17

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
I have contacted Knockhill regarding this and awaiting reply on costs etc,

Sharon

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 10:20:26 AM »
It's an interesting dilemma: do you go to a show which is about your favourite vehicle, or go and play with your favourite vehicle?

I'm bemused that the organisers of a Scottish show dedicated to Land Rovers has not been in touch with the Scottish Owners Club for Land Rovers - but maybe that's actually an indication of the target audience for the show: The well-heeled; the City Slicker; the School-Run 4x4, the Shiny-Shiny Bling-Bling.... not the mud-plugging, spanner-wielding, tinkerer of the older cars.

I do think that the club should try to have a stand there, possibly with a couple of cars around.
Perhaps the Saturday show attendees would love to know about the club, and the fact we hold events where they can go and drive off-road... and would turn up at the Driving Day on the Sunday.

(and I'm sure the Hill Rally Club would love to join us... to promote the Hill Rallies to the masses  ;D )

milton17

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:32:53 AM »
As i said i have approached them and awaiting a email in regards to the show. 

Ian when i hear i will give you a phone as i think it would be good if the hill rally club joined us in this.  It's a case of watch this space

Sharon

geoffg

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
Live is the company who now run the Billing show for LROi and a good job they make of it, so it should be a good show. As Ian says, the Saturday show-goers may turn up on Sunday at Bathgate if we have a presence there.
geoff :)

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 11:16:07 AM »
there seems to be 2 weekends free before this event, and theres still 3 months to go. could the club not consider changing its driving day to one of these free weekends, allowing the club and its members to support this show? theres not a lot of landrover shows in scotland, (most of the time it means looking out passports to cross the border and head south) and its pretty convenient for most folk, about as central as you can get.

even better if they expect the 'bling bling, school run motors' am sure theres one or two motors in this club that are slightly modified (deliberately or otherwise ;) ) let them see what REAL landies look like. admitedly it could be more usefull to have the driving day AFTER this show, put on a good stand at this show and just maybe we could get some new blood (or oil ::) ) in the club.

seems strange this event wasnt spotted sooner, before the anual programe was decided, unless the show wasnt made public till recently
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

milton17

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 11:53:49 AM »
There is no information about show only dates, that is why i have approached knockhill, as for not being spotted earlier i do not read the magazine that is hosting the show so how was i supposed to know as i was only informed about it last night. but i am dealing with it now.

Sharon

dantheman

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »
i'll have to see if i can organise a series 2 scotland club stand there  ;)
land rover daft!!!or just plain daft!!!!!

sthrifty

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 05:27:32 PM »
I think putting on a stand the same weekend as bathgate might be streching club resources a bit thin of course we might get a few pls along to the driving day but on the other hand if we support the show we might be down on members attending our biggest event.   As for dougs idea a lot of work goes into running the weekend ANSI am sure it's in everyones diary
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

Pilot Custard

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 10:17:28 PM »
seems strange this event wasnt spotted sooner, before the anual programe was decided, unless the show wasnt made public till recently

The Knockhill events list was not made public until recently.

Mind you, we also need to be aware of all the other motorsports events happening in Scotland, and there are over 40 motorsports clubs in the Scottish Association of Car Clubs... and that's a lot of places to watch.

Do you know if there is a Motorshow at Lanark this year? Or Perth?

Pilot Custard

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 10:25:52 PM »
I think putting on a stand the same weekend as bathgate might be streching club resources a bit thin
How many people are you expecting at the Driving Day?
The club has 400+ members, and we have a wide and varied range of interests.

As for dougs idea a lot of work goes into running the weekend ANSI am sure it's in everyones diary
Oh, absolutely.... as everyone has every Comp Safari listed as a Must Go To event?   ::)

(Sorry - that sounds narkier than it meant to... what I mean is that some of us are more interested in other aspects of Off Roading, and would be happy to talk to random punters as opposed to playing in the mud all day... each to our own  :D )

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 01:03:37 AM »
just weighing up, i know bathgate is always popular (believe the numbers regularly top 100 motors) it was my first driving day all those (2) years ago. always brings lots of CURRENT members along for what is certain to be a great weekend. but if theres a chance to broaden our appeal to new members surely that is worth considering. most of these shows are down south yet with one on our doorstep surely the scottish landrover club could be there. sandy can re-arrange grr at short notice (sometimes with only a week or 2 notice) yet they always get a strong turnout. regulars know bathgate is a good site and will make every effort to attend, would be a shame if they had to choose which they came too.
if knockhill have not made this public sooner, its a shame, and bad press on thier part.
personaly i dont want to miss the driving day, its always a good time to catch up with folk and get muddy at the same time but be a shame to miss a chance to see a local show as well
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!