O-rings

· 7 · 1941

cedric_r

• Yorkie
O-rings
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:13:11 AM »
Does anyone know where to get the O-rings used on the MAP? Does anyone know the size? I don't know if you can just use any O-ring given how close it is to the engine (but then the inlet manifold should be pretty cold shouldn't it?)

Thanks.
Cedric

coolcamper55

Re: O-rings
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:05:11 AM »
Cedric,

Not sure about the coldness of the inlet manifold suggestion.

By my reckoning its attached to the head where all the combustion takes place and so it should get hot, granted probably not as hot as the exhaust manifold but still hot.

Sorry about not knowing size etc of O rings but I am sure one of the crew with a parts list will be along soon.

It might help if you state the vehicle details or at least the engine info to help them serach out the data.

Tommy

cedric_r

• Yorkie
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:12:38 AM »
Sorry, I missed the vital information (duh!): it's a td5 (110).

I thought it would be coldish because it's on the inlet manifold and the temperatures it records there are in the 30-40 degrees range with a hot engine and the turbo blowing hard (air coming straight from the intercooler). But as you say it's close to the engine and I want to be sure so that I don't use something that ends up melting or something like that.

Also I don't know the size and I don't want to take the MAP off before I can get new rings or I might end up with a dead car for a while.
Cedric

pitcaig

• SLROC Member no.2152
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 12:27:13 PM »
Hi
I have had my MAP sensor out a few times now and just reused the old O ring with no problems.

cedric_r

• Yorkie
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »
I was considering that, but as the manual says they should be replaced (it always says that), I wanted to be prepared and have spares just in case.
Cedric

cedric_r

• Yorkie
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »
The closest I've found so far to the description of the o-ring is MYX100180L, but I haven't seen it listed in the context of a td5. I haven't found any part number for the td5 o-ring anywhere.
Cedric

cedric_r

• Yorkie
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 05:29:28 PM »
You're right Graeme. I've taken mine out and checked it and let the O-ring where it was without apparent problem.
Cedric