WANTED : Discovery

· 6 · 1502

Ade

WANTED : Discovery
« on: July 12, 2010, 04:42:18 PM »
Hi all,

I'm currently on the look out for a Discovery for the wife.  Must be a manual, and a diesel but may also consider a V8 with an LPG conversion

Needs to be in good condition, MOT and taxed, as it will be used as a daily driver as well as towing horses around at the weekend

Keeping my eye out on Autorader, Gumtree, Adtrader, etc... but a lot of them are dogs or the good ones are snapped up quickly

Thanks

Adrian
07809 658 374
adrian.parkinson@rotarygroup.com

farmerboy4

Re: WANTED : Discovery
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:30:18 PM »
ive got a 99 T plate 300tdi 50th aniversary model.
119,000 miles with nearly full history. Timing belt getting done this week, along with serviced and fan/air con belt.
12 months MOT, 6 months tax.
No Sunroofs, Cream leather, heater front screen, boot liner, air con, tow bar, roof bars.
New Discs, pads all round, new exshaust with de-cat pipe, egr blanked, Monroe Gas shocks.
Has to be the best/tightest land rover ive ever drove, with a test drive welcome to see for youself. Never off roaded.
Boot floor, inner wings and sills very solid.
Some galvanic corrosion in the door corners.

Wasnt realy planning on selling it as it drives so well and is good on fuel but if you interested ill get some pics
Andrew
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:02:20 PM by farmerboy4 »

farmerboy4

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 12:42:26 AM »

Xan

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 01:26:29 PM »
Ade,

did you see this earlier post on here??

http://www.slroc.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3785.0

Ade

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »
Yeah, I saw Lee's post and contacted him, but unfortunatley its way out of our budget

Should of really said that our maximum spend would be ?2,000

Went and had a look at one last night advertised in the local paper but ended up being a bit of a nail  :(

arrolman

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 05:03:36 PM »
Hi,

You could have mine for ?800 as I need the room for my new landcruiser, has no MOT or Tax, However, this isn't due in any part to it being bad, has had a lot of work and new parts fitted, currently missing a front bumper but has new tyres/brakes/shocks/springs/bushes, I SORN'd it as I bought a 90 but have never found a use for it again. There are pics on my add in the For Sale section. Please feel free to come and have a look round it, Engine and running gear are superb and have had lots of new parts again

Cheers,
Iain