Discovery rear lights

· 3 · 1484

AberdeenRob

• Name: Robbie Stephen
Discovery rear lights
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:14:58 AM »
I'm not sure if I have a problem or not, but the other night I noticed that my S reg 300tdi discovery rear lights were very dim. Can anyone tell me what these should look like?

When i turn the sidelights on the two (fairly dim) red lights on the bumper light up, but when i switch the headlights on no additional rear lights light up - should any of the lights in the rear clusters come on?

Thanks,
Robbie

The Classic Man

• Name: Robin Watt
Re: Discovery rear lights
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 12:27:43 PM »
Problem is more than likely a bad earth. Check earth connections, can be time consuming.
The Classic Man
Heros & RNLI member

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Re: Discovery rear lights
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 03:09:45 PM »
I'm not sure if I have a problem or not, but the other night I noticed that my S reg 300tdi discovery rear lights were very dim. Can anyone tell me what these should look like?

When i turn the sidelights on the two (fairly dim) red lights on the bumper light up, but when i switch the headlights on no additional rear lights light up - should any of the lights in the rear clusters come on?
300tdi - Yes.

The 300 has side lights in the bumper and the D-Pillar cluster.... and they're only 5w bulbs.

The rear bumper should have sides & indicators
The light clusters should have sides, reversing, and a fog-light on the drivers side.