Disco 2 odd locking issue

· 6 · 1557

agmech 53

• Name: Jim Wilson
Disco 2 odd locking issue
« on: April 07, 2012, 08:45:27 PM »
Hello all, got an odd problem with the Disco, it's a 2004 ES, the problem started as midnight on Wednesday, first idea that something was amiss was when I was rudely woken by the alarm going off right outside the bedroom window, obviously I jumped into action straight away, well stumbled to the door half asleep to see what was happening outside. Not a thing was going on it would appear, just the car having a wee episode to itself. I shut the alarm off, checked all the doors and windows, all ok, but when I tried to lock it, the horn beeped as if a door/window/bonnet/sunroof was open, but none of them were.

It will lock from the inside using the button on the dash, but when I try and lock it with the fob or the key it locks the drivers door, beeps and doesn't lock any of the other doors?! Now this is the really goofy bit, prior to the episode on wed night, the car was locking fine, but the drivers door wouldn't unlock with the fob, all the other doors would unlock, but I'd have to use the key do unlock the drivers door. Now it seems to have switched around. Hopefully this makes sense! ???

Anyone else had the same problem?

piper5

Re: Disco 2 odd locking issue
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 09:00:14 PM »
i had an issue like this before, it was caused by leaving a torch plugged into the charging socket in the boot, drove me mad i had the doors in bits checking things, i have also had the drivers door lock fail but when it went the car didnt beep fault codes.
the latch in the drivers door controls all the systems and its a pig to change, you need to remove the door top and glass

best get it checked on a nanocom if poss

agmech 53

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
Yeah cheers for that, guess I'll have to book it into LR to get them to check it ::) Blinking Landrovers, who'd have them eh? lol

Graeme

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 10:20:22 AM »
what you describe is simmilar to the disco 1 usually lubrication of the moving parts not visable sorts it  a bit of rust/crud whatever just stopping full movement

agmech 53

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »
Yeah wondered if maybe something was sticking somewhere, had a good mooch about with the WD-40 today, seems to have sorted itself for just now, i'll wait and see what happens, thanks for the input guys.

kenny

• Name: kenny grier
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »
where about are you? welcome to plug my nanocom in if you are near Kirknewton
2003 discovery TD5 GS

Nanocom evo