All members - ideas and help needed!

· 2 · 1320

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
All members - ideas and help needed!
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:56:53 PM »
Your committee are planning to continue a full program of Green Road Runs in 2012. We have a few "old favourites" that we revisit each year, however I would like to find new routes, routes that will bring the excitement and wonder of exploration back into our off-road adventures.
We have a few new runs currently being negotiated. However, we're really keen to get access to more completely new areas, so, does anyone have any knowledge of moorland or hill tracks that the club might be able to get access to, and contacts that can provide us with access permission? Does anyone know any landowners, farmers, or contacts in Hydro, Water, Forestry that might look favourably on a request from us to cross their land (or are any of our members in that position?). We don't necessarily need single long routes - if we could piece together a few shorter routes within a close area then that can also make for a good day out. This was how the very successful Hawick GRR was organised earlier this year. There are a lot of new hill tracks being opened up for access to windfarms - can any of our members point us in the right direction to look into accessing those?
Any suggestions, or other ideas that could be followed up for access to private roads / tracks gratefully received. Please PM me with any ideas, suggestions, contacts.
Either way, we'll have plenty of good runs lined up for 2012.
Many thanks, Alan

Maxxed_Ross

Re: All members - ideas and help needed!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:17:23 PM »
My mate works for Siemens installing turbines, so I'll ask about how to go about accessing them
"Lara" - 2001 Defender 110 Tomb Raider Edition