Loch Ard GRR 18th Nov

· 24 · 5795

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Loch Ard GRR 18th Nov
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:43:29 PM »
Thanks to the over 30 vehicles owners, friends and families who came out today, I had a great day and hope you did too. Special thanks to Alan, Tim, Richard and John for their help with setting up, organising and marshalling.

Pics later

Next GRR is 9th Dec just north of Helensburgh.

Cheers,

Gene
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

DRH

Re: Loch Ard GRR 18th Nov
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 05:04:43 PM »
Gene

Glad I managed to get along to this GRR - my first since the beginning of last year (if not longer).  Some beutiful scenery and a lot of new faces.  Thanks for organising this

Duncan

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »
Big thanks to Gene and Alan for this, it was an excellent day with a great water run for the more adventurous (and I never got stuck!).
I have pictures but both photobucket and image shack are being a right pia for uploading.

david

• Name: David Russell
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »
A huge thanks to Gene, Alan and all other organisers for this GRR, what a fab day out.  Stunning views for us adults and mud and water for the 5 year old!! An big thanks to the land owners for allowing us access, we hope to be able to explore some more of these gorgeous routes.

A great wee twist too as coming to the stretch of the road prior to Loch Chon and knowing the route that we have previously come out off after being to Comer I was a wee bit disappointed thinking that was the end of our run - but taking the right hand track and WOW!!! What a view before us, the water of the loch was like a mirror reflecting the hills around it.

Thanks again

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »
I have pictures but both photobucket and image shack are being a right pia for uploading.

Thank goodness there is somebody else having a problem with Photobucket, I'm on the Beta version and it is playing up too, can load photos slowly but it just doesn't want to upload the 2 minute Video I want to put up to tease DaveT.

Gene thanks for the footwork with FE, I hope we didn't drain too much water out of their big puddle in the quarry. I'm glad that everybody enjoyed their day out and getting muddy, now you have the fun of washing all the fauna off from under the car!

Unfortunately I only managed to take 2 photos and 2 minutes of video...................

Julia has 100's but they are quite large files so will have to resize them and then post over the next few days.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:01:32 PM by Tim »
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

Dave T

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »

Thank goodness there is somebody else having a problem with Photobucket, I'm on the Beta version and it is playing up too, can load photos slowly but it just doesn't want to upload the 2 minute Video I want to put up to tease DaveT.

....... and I love you too Tim  >:( >:( >:( but how could we refuse a free day at LRE. Hope you all had a reasonable day, better make sure it's on again next year.  :) :)
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

PGTips

• The Deni Reid Band
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 09:35:41 PM »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:53:43 PM by PGTips »
Discovery 2 ES TD5 Automatic (2000)
De-EGR, CDL Fitted, K&N Air Filter
Member of 'The D2 Boys Club'
Landy Watch

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"

genem

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 09:53:50 PM »
My idea of a GRR... Nice empty roads !

Tim

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »
Here was Loch Chon on the Sunday that Gene and I did the recce for today's run

On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior

Alan Mc

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 10:12:34 PM »
Yeah, great day and thanks to Gene/Alan and others involved with a very professional set up.  We all had a good time and 19 month old boys in the back didn't make a squeak throughout as too interested in the route!  Looking forward to the next one.

Alan.

Johnbain

• Name: John Bain
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 10:31:48 PM »
Great day out thanks to all who organised this  :) and thanks for the pics of me I ve none of myself  :)
Range rover td6
2012defender2

genem

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 10:35:03 PM »
Yes, some excellent photos there people. Maybe we should have a side-line in Scenic Scottish Calendars  :-)

G.

Johnbain

• Name: John Bain
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 10:43:31 PM »
The scenery was stunning especially along the loch on the way out the reflections were spectacular am glad some people captured this amazing .
Range rover td6
2012defender2

Tim

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
I was going to take some visitors over from Spain on the Forest Drive at Aberfoyle today and mentioned this when we were at Glengoyne Distillery doing a tour. The driver of the Rabbies Trailburner tour bus told me not to go near Aberfoyle as the Forth has broken its banks and flooded the village centre and the Woollen Centre........................ Gene hope you are all OK at the end of the Forest Drive as I bet like the Carse of Stirling most of the ground up your way was under a couple of feet of water!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/100-homes-evacuated-as-rain-causes-flooding-chaos-across-scotland.1353342545

Some of Julia's photos of the "splash"

If anybody would like copies please let me know your email address by PM - the file sizes are quite large - between 3 and 4mb
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:38:25 PM by Tim »