geoffg

Small World(FAO GeorgeW)
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »
Forgot to mention, when we(Geoff jnr. & I) arrived at Billing, we decided to nip for a pint at Vinnies. We were sitting outside and a wee lad came up to us on a bike and said, "Is that your orange Land Rover?"
I told him it was and he said he knew it 'cos he'd seen it at Sam's in Edzel. Then he said it was Hamish's garage. Didn't catch his name.

Geoff drinking Magner's at Vinnies in Billing.
geoff(snr)

georgew

Re: Small World(FAO GeorgeW)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:40:04 PM »
 :) one & the same place.
I hope all is well.
I get reported sightings of you all over.  ;)

I like the loss of the 'ornamental snorkle' & alloys.
Has the chimney gone from the rear also.
george

Ps, grill for the wing side is sitting here i you want posted,
 & blanking plates for both wing tops. (no holes, can be drilled)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:42:20 PM by georgew »
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

geoffg

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »
Hi George. All's well, hope it's the same with you. Took the raised exhaust off as wife didn't like it. I had the grill for the wing side, as I've fitted a few of those intakes. Cheers, anyway. The wing top intakes are great as you fitted them. I've put checkerplate wingtop protecters on the wings. The alloys are in the garage. I put those Cooper M/T's on it for off roading, (which I havn't done yet). I bought a length of cable at David Bowyer's at Billing to wire the winch to the battery via an isolator, but I havn't got round to wiring it up yet.
We also took the front bumper off and welded it straight where you'd been bullying the traffic in Dundee!!
Chris at RPi says it needs to go back to him for some TLC. No chance!! He says that engine will last forever. He's building another. Purple this time with "bling" as he puts it.
take care
geoff :)

PS I think it's the quickest I've ever travelled to Billing. LPG is a bit hard to get on the A1. Pulled off at the Barnsley turn off. Cheap gas, cheap sandwiches. Don't like Scottish notes!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:20:58 AM by geoffg »

geoffg

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 07:59:36 PM »
Winch is now wired up. Got a length of cable and crimped ends from David Bowyer at Billing. Next job is to change the oil/filter in the gearbox. Chris (RPi) has advised what gearbox we have.
Geoff :)

georgew

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:17:10 PM »
Geoff,
strainer & new high grade performance atf done less than 2000 miles ago, (?25 worth of ATF)
 & about 5000 miles before that.
The slight leakage was there after the last time the bottom was off,
(i didnt do it, it was a proffesional, but not my local one)
 I was happy that this was so slight a leak that i left it as was.
george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

geoffg

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 08:28:35 AM »
Thanks for that, George. That's saved me a job and a few quid!! Next job is a set of spotlights on the roof rack, when they arrive from ebay.
Geoff :)