non club weekend tour caravan camping

· 486 · 97255

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
Re: non club weekend tour caravan camping
« Reply #420 on: May 21, 2010, 12:09:21 AM »
afraid i sweet talked my way into a long weekend, probably the first time i taken my long weekends i usualy end up working them lol

still bill, theres always 24hr flu ;)
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2010, 02:26:30 AM »
Ok I know you will all be tucked up in bed for a good nights sleep knowing that tonight there is no strange noises to disturb you ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mel I am hoping to be in Crieff at about 9.00am but I have a bit of organisation to do so will be not be leaving till about 9.45/10.00am.

If you want to stop in for a coffee my Mums house is as folllows:

In Crieff as you follow A85 you will pass a Suzuki Garage on your left, dealer of the year two years running I would add, about 200 yds past this on your right you will see Craigard Road. Turn up, yep steepish hill, here and you will see "Monte", my name for the Disco, just over the first crossing you come to. mobile number 07989960134

Doug I am planning on being at Lochearnhead at about 10.30 if I am earlier I will wait as there is a large car park infront of some old garages on the right just past the the A85 junction.

Will put the cb on at Lochearnhead on ch 19 and will stop in for a bowl of the Cullen Skink at the Green Smelly.

Only half a sleep left now Monte packed and only the tyres to go on the roof and give her a drink at Tesco's to get my 5p off per litre tomorrow morning.

John can I be the first to ask are you organising another "Non Club Camping & Tin Tenting" weekend next year if not I propose that you have to as this is going to be some weekend ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you organise another weekend I will be the "scribe" for this one

Looking forward to seeing everybody there tomorrow either early or late
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

coolcamper55

« Reply #422 on: May 21, 2010, 05:52:10 AM »
Its 5:48 and just getting ready to go when I suddenly figured out I have a problem. I know here Stontian is but where is the Camp site?

Ach well dont get stressed Tam I am sure it will all come right, just look for a 110 pulling a tin tent, bound to overtake it on the road ;) ;)

The rest of you who are missing this grand adventure will be so miffed :'( :'(.

Tommy

jumbo

• photo bucket
« Reply #423 on: May 21, 2010, 06:13:19 AM »
The camp site is Glenview Caravan and Camping Site Strontian post code PH36 4HZ.

well at least my 'tommy' knows where to go ;)
doug
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #424 on: May 21, 2010, 07:31:11 AM »
Right.... just got the tyres on the roof rack and off to clean the screen  a couple of last minute other bit to do and the problem  of what to wear?
Kilt,shorts or denims  ????? oh well such are the choices......  i'll be thinking of all you office bound people today as I enjoy the drive up the road  NOT :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Discovery td5 "Monte"

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #425 on: May 21, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »
Doug   you got your top off yet superb sunshine outside or are you taking the 90??

What time you leaving and do want to met up at Lochearnhead??
Discovery td5 "Monte"

jumbo

• photo bucket
« Reply #426 on: May 21, 2010, 09:32:25 AM »
 :-X :-X you'l hear it then you'l see it :-X :-X
safe journey everybody

and to those poor souls not coming, dont work too hard ;D ;D
doug
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

freelandy1

« Reply #427 on: May 21, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »
Have to agree with doug, I often have a peek on the various trader site to see what my year is selling at, mines is a 53 plate but first reg keeper was 030104? face lift es diesel auto with full service history and 40k on the clock. They average about 6.3k, mines has a few extra, half leather, drive lamps, park sens, window tint, s/s bars, nudge bar.I have a plan to replace the freelander though.
James
TD4 freelander 1
working on a 90

sthrifty

« Reply #428 on: May 24, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »
Thanks to everyone who turned up for our first landie w/e,hope everyone enjoyed it as much me and the dogs did.

Details of next jolly will follow shortly.

ps hope your home by now T
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

jumbo

• photo bucket
« Reply #429 on: May 24, 2010, 01:26:06 PM »
i sincerely hope this was the first of many ;D ;D

a huge thankyou to john for thinking of this and making it happen
the first time i have been to that area and it was absolutely stunning, they should have a road safety campaign up there, i couldnt keep my eyes on the road the scenery was superb. as for the weather 8) 8) who needs spain when you have strontian 8) 8)

the site was superb for us. very pleasant but rough round the edges, just like us :D

but what really made the weekend was the company. thank you to everyone there. have not had a better weekend. plenty chat, great to spend so much time with folk, really get to know people even more so than at the formal events which was the whole point of the weekend, chill out and relax. trust everyone got home safely? amazingly there was no breakdowns :o :o john i trust you didnt need to call the AA on your way home ;)

i went back about 8pm by the scenic route rather than the ferry and it was stunning. mind you might be investing in a bull bar....with the amount of deer on the road coming accross the moor i could have had a years supply of venison ;) just wish i was as quick with the camera, there was a few within 10 yards of the road :o

thanks again everyone and PLEASE can we have another soon
doug
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #430 on: May 24, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »
Yep, ditto, fab weekend. We'd make a great home removals team- tin tent unhitched and parked, Landies parked and tents pitched in no time...good team effort....many hands make light work!! :D

Great weather 8) 8), great company, great site, and a great run up. Goddess never missed a beat and she had her photo taken coming off the ferry by an admirer!!

Thanks to John for the organisation, and thanks to all for the company,chat and laughs. Looking forward to the next one. ;D ;D
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #431 on: May 24, 2010, 05:26:29 PM »
Yep just have to agree with everybody else's comments about the weekend and a big thank you to John for thinking of such a brilliant idea way back on page 1.

Just to reiterate what has been said the site was perfect for us, liked the fresh flowers in the toilets, the scenery and locations John took us to were fantastic but most of all the company was GREAT. Good to sit and have a blether whilst cooking the tea or just around the fire later on. So what is the next venue for a long weekend and more importantly how long do we have to wait??????????????

Thanks again to everyone who was there.......... great time

TAKE IT NOBODY HAD A "CIGARETTE MOMENT" ON THE RETURN JOURNEY ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Will do the scribing bit later on if you all do not mind.
Discovery td5 "Monte"

sthrifty

« Reply #432 on: May 24, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
Thanks folks,I had good run home no problems.

I have a couple of places in mind,need to do a little research,it will without doubt be intresting :)
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

jumbo

• photo bucket
« Reply #433 on: May 24, 2010, 07:40:49 PM »
Goddess never missed a beat and she had her photo taken coming off the ferry by an admirer!!

or is this modesty kicking in. was he photographing the goddess or driver ;) ;)
doug
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

sthrifty

« Reply #434 on: May 24, 2010, 08:54:10 PM »
Both I suspect :) if anything I learned from this w/e drive your landie(even with tin tent on the back) at 50mph and you get 27mpg,

Just means I will cast net wider for next trip ;D
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/