3 amigos

· 5 · 2294

Bandit

3 amigos
« on: August 14, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »
 My Disco TD5 just passed its MOT  ;D and exactly two days later the 3 Amigos  :o  came to visit whilst I was driving around York on holiday.  I decided to keep on driving as everything still seemed to be working okay.  I have just arrived home Livingston West Lothian and was wondering if anyone out there has a Nanocom for sale  ;D or if they have one that they could plug in to see what story it tells  ???

I say its the 3 amigos because it is the TC ABS and Hill Descent light that are on.  The garage fitted a new front N/S coil spring for its MOT and I am thinking that it could be the ABS sensor now causing the problem.

Any ideas welcome or assistance of a Nanocom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Mike 07841 223596

tgreer

Re: 3 amigos
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »
Mike,

Does it need to be a nanocom, or can it be any OBD2 Reader? I have an OBD2 Reader and am in east Glasgow.

Thomas
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

pitcaig

• SLROC Member no.2152
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:17:59 AM »
Hi
I have a Nanocom if you want me to have a look for you.
I stay in Brightons just outside Polmont.
PM me if you want to come down.

Cheers
Graeme

Alarmgard

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
Is this sorted now? I have a Nanocom as well, live in Livingston.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

MudBucket

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 05:18:25 PM »
a reset is ok, but the amigos might (and probably will) return, the real cause of the fault has not been cleared.

might be a worn front hub, allowing the toothed ring to misalign with the sensor,(this is quite common and needs a new hub ?180 ish)
might be a faulty/badly connected wire to the sensor etc, or might just be the sensor.

my brother's disco had this issue, cost him twice to get the ecu reset before he found the hub bearing was rattling about.

cheers,