Convoy for Heroes- Orangey visiting Scotland to promote 2012 Convoy

· 2 · 2546

I.AM_a Driver

• Daily Driver: Td5 90 - MAS325
    • Convoy for Heroes
Convoy for Heroes 2012

I'm looking for anyone in and around Edinburgh for a Land Rover convoy on Thursday morning (1st Sept). The press release is below, but as Orangey, driver and navigator will be staying with me on Wednesday night it will most likely be starting on the western outskirts (e.g. Hermiston Gait) and following Orangey's Disco & the 'Convoy 4 Heroes' promo trailer around the bypass and onto the A1. You can join for as little or as long as you like, everyone more than welcome to join in whether it's a Defender, Discovery, Freelander, Range Rover or a even a series model if you fancy braving the bypass!

Anyone interested please post below, I will confirm details as soon as I clarify what time of the morning Orangey and his helpers would like to leave.

WATCH OUT ? ORANG-UTAN ABOUT!

Kevin (ozzy) and Orangey

A small orange orang-utan with a silly grin will be setting out on Saturday (27 August) on a 2,000+mile trek round mainland Britain to launch CONVOY FOR HEROES 2012. 

Orang'ey, as he is known, and his driver ? Kevin ?Ozzy? Osborne, from Blackwater in Surrey ? will be travelling in an eye-catching 30-foot rig consisting of a pale gold Land Rover Discovery towing the CONVOY FOR HEROES promotional trailer.   

Departing from Littlehampton in West Sussex they will travel to the four cardinal points on mainland Britain:  Lizard Point, Land?s End, John O?Groats and Great Yarmouth, before returning to West Sussex.

Orang?ey, who usually lives at Hillendale Land Rover in Nelson, Lancashire, became something of a CONVOY FOR HEROES mascot after he led 350 Land Rovers round the Jaguar Land Rover test track on Easter Sunday 2011.  At the time of writing the event had raised over ?15,000 for Help for Heroes

CONVOY FOR HEROES is organised annually on a voluntary basis by a team of dedicated Land Rover enthusiasts to support Help for Heroes.  It takes the form of a two-day event, with attractions for all the family, culminating in an attempt on the Guinness World Record ? for longest Land Rover convoy.   

CONVOY FOR HEROES 2012 will be held over the Easter weekend (7 and 8 April 2012) at Prestwold Hall in Leicestershire. 

Supporters of CONVOY FOR HEROES and fans of Orang?ey will be able to follow the progress of the Trail on Facebook and Twitter and read Orang?ey?s blog.  It will also be possible to view Orang?ey?s position online in real time thanks to a tracking device provided by Skytag.

To read Orang'ey?s blog: 
http://orangeystravels.blogspot.com/

To view the progress of The Orang'ey Trail : 
http://livetrack.skytag-gps.co.uk/locator/index.html?u=h4hconvoy&zoom=13&map_type=1

For full Convoy details visit
www.convoy4heroes.org.uk

To donate to CONVOY FOR HEROES : 
http://www.bmycharity.com/convoyheroes

Itinerary (subject to change)
Saturday 27th  August:     Littlehampton to Cornwall / Devon border.
Sunday 28th:     Devon to Hereford.
Monday 29th:     Hereford to Cumbria
Tuesday 30th :     Cumbria to John O?Groats
Wednesday 31st:      John O?Groats to Edinburgh
Thursday 1st September:    Edinburgh to Great Yarmouth
Friday 2nd:    Great Yarmouth to Littlehampton

CONVOY for HEROES 2014 is coming to Long Marston Airfield, Warwickshire, Easter Weekend 18-21 April

geoff

Re: Convoy for Heroes- Orangey visiting Scotland to promote 2012 Convoy
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 06:45:11 PM »
Hi

I spotted you on the Forth Road Bridge at about 1745 today.

Geoff