MAY WEEKEND CAMPING,TRIALS,DRIVING DAY,LIVE MUSIC 23rd to 25th MAY At BATHGATE

· 47 · 11970

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
A couple of yours ago I took a standard Freelander 2 (effective same chassis/drivetrain as a Evoque) around the Bathgate site on a driving day without any issues.  As Gene says, plenty of options to stay on "main" tracks and only venture off if and when you want.   Absolutely no problem and that was on a very wet, muddy and slippery Sunday afternoon.

(I had 4 hours of amazing fun, followed by 4 hours of cleaning a very dirty Freelander ???)

It is amazing what these basic vehicles will do  :D
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

mel

• Name: Patrick McInally
There was a fiat panda 4x4 at the torfican driving day a couple of years ago and it seemed to do well.

david

• Name: David Russell
I took our freelander to bathgate a few years ago and have great fun with it, only issue arose was at torphicen when my lovely hubby grounded it and ripped the side step off! Hence why we now have a defender for playing with.

Simon27

• Name: Simon Boak
Hi all. New member here, looking forward to my first event!

I'm not much of a camper, but is OK to just come for the Sunday? What are the arrangements for bringing family?

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
^^^ Easy. You put them in the car and bring them to the event !

Coming along for the day on Sunday is just fine and dandy, its an open driving day with a HUGE course laid out with side-loops off to try the trials sections from Saturday if you want. There will be a bit flattish area coned off for parents to supervise kids having a shot. There are loos, food and the shop at the admin area.  Basically come and drive, meet a few folk and enjoy, when the kids get bored just pack up and go home - unless you fancy helping pull in all the signs and markers !!

See you there.

G. 
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

hunter

Hi Simon ok you should come up from fri night there camping sat night is going to be great there is a live band Uncle Red rock n roll band in the marqui lots more this is a good time to meet club members and it is a family wkend  8)

Simon27

Fantastic - I can't wait! Where can I get an address of where it'll be? Or just follow the mud? ;D

Dave T

copied from last year

DIRECTIONS
From Bathgate town centre follow the B792 Torphichen Road, just outside the town turn right following signs for Cairnpapple and the orange arrows to the site entrance. (OS Sheet 65 Ref 991714)
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Simon27

Great, thank you Dave!

Buffalo Bill

• Name: Bill Conner
Hi are dogs allowed on site?
1989 110
1990 90
1988 90
1972 V8 WOOP WOOP

tomb raider

Will check with land owner I'm sure it will be ok just keep it on a lead  :)

pillum

• Just the navigation chip in my LR's rich tapestry
  • Name: Paul Docherty
For kids to drive in their driving areas do they need to be SLROC members?
Paul
1998 LR Defender Wolf ex MOD
2011 Ford Mustang convertible
2006 Peugeot 1007

Dave T

I don't believe so, it's an open event and no restrictions on who can drive once you have paid your money
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

tomb raider

Hi heading up hill this morning to do so me reckie work any one available give me a call 07771776590

hunter

Hi all watching this page the weekend is getting closer in fact it is THIS WEEKEND!!!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IS THAT DUSTY BOTTLE OF SHERRY OR THAT FRAY BENTOS PIE OR EVEN A BOTTLE OF WHISKY (DOUGIE LIKES WHISKY) please help if you can many thanks for your support  :D