torphicen tyro

· 15 · 5254

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
torphicen tyro
« on: June 06, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »
have to say a big thankyou to the organisers of todays tyro.
dont know how others feel but i recon the last few have been very well set up. getting more adventurous and challenging with a few sections but VERY enjoyable (pity my scores are the same :'( ) but wheres all the mud went :( .

thanks to everyone in my group for thier patience, i got volunteered at the last moment, just hope no one was in a hurry to get home, we kind of took our time.....well get our moneys worth eh ;)

great to see so many series motors doing tyro again, been so long with the coilers ruling the roost. so many running road tyres too, just proves how far you can get with a standard motor.

looking forward to the next one :D :D
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

MIJ

Re: torphicen tyro
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
Many thanks for todays event, really enjoyed the day and the company.

Scott.
1979 Series 3
1996 D1 300Tdi Auto

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:06:56 PM »
Yes, Thanks to the landowner, and organisers & setup-ers :)

Good day, good chat, really enjoyed it, despite my ridiculous score :o :o but thats all part of the fun!! :D :D
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

coolcamper55

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »
Well done to Andrew and his set up team, most enjoyable, and getting used to a 110 is becoming more of a pleasure rather than a task.

Tommy

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:56:46 PM »
thanks from me too, to organisers and land owner. Had a good day out....until the Disco threw away its front prop shaft on the M8 on the way home. Couldn't drive it as remaining UJ pieces were flailing around and I didn't fancy working under it on the hard shoulder!. AA got me home and I've been in the garage all night removing both remaining ends so that its driveable again. Looking on the bright side, there's no major damage underneath, just some scrapes on the bell-housing, and there was no other vehicles around on the motorway when it happened - could have been much worse.

Some of us were chatting today about whether its worthwhile having diff-lock when the traction control is so good. Its only cause of diff lock that I can still drive it until I get another front prop...so definitiely worthwhile

Now, anybody got a spare front prop shaft for a manual TD5 DIsco 2 lying about???
Cheers, Alan

jumbo

• photo bucket
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »
sorry to hear that alan :( hope its sorted soon (and doesnt need too many beer tokens)
doug
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

coolcamper55

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 07:56:17 AM »
Ah so it was not the shackle that made the loud clunk. Glad to see you got home safely.

Tommy

sandman77

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 09:00:29 AM »
Thanks to the organisers and land owner from me too.  Had a great day and recoreded my best score yet (although having fun is the most important thing).
Alan - I have been thinking about getting the Diff lock added to my D2 for a while (it is in the transfer box already, I just need the lever and linkage) and you have just helped me make my mind up.

CBRCBR

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 01:26:15 PM »
Another great day - thanks to everyone involved. 

As you say Doug, good to see a few more Series motors, including Ian in his fab SII.

Dwell Angle

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone for a great day and especially those who set it up.  Thanks also to Sandy and Doug for scoring and keeping us in the right order.

All the best Ian.

highlandcow

• www.highlandcow.com
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 04:38:57 PM »
Sorry I missed that one:  I was enjoying the sun on Arran.
More than mooing...

jumbo

• photo bucket
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 07:01:35 PM »
Sorry I missed that one:  I was enjoying the sun on Arran.

thats no excuse....i still havnt seen this motor in action, cant wait to see it strutting its stuff
doug
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

highlandcow

• www.highlandcow.com
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »
LOL. And I 'm off to Rock Ness this weekend.
More than mooing...

sandman77

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 09:20:32 AM »
LOL. And I 'm off to Rock Ness this weekend.

Ness who?  ;D

pitcaig

• SLROC Member no.2152
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 08:23:13 PM »
the Disco threw away its front prop shaft on the M8 on the way home. Couldn't drive it as remaining UJ pieces were flailing around and I didn't fancy working under it on the hard shoulder!. AA got me home and I've been in the garage all night removing both remaining ends so that its driveable again. Looking on the bright side, there's no major damage underneath, just some scrapes on the bell-housing, and there was no other vehicles around on the motorway when it happened - could have been much worse.

Some of us were chatting today about whether its worthwhile having diff-lock when the traction control is so good. Its only cause of diff lock that I can still drive it until I get another front prop...so definitiely worthwhile

Now, anybody got a spare front prop shaft for a manual TD5 DIsco 2 lying about???
Cheers, Alan

Alan
Guess what I've been having a slight knocking noise when I pull away, So finally today got round to having a look. Found that the double UJ on the front prop shaft badly worn :o. Looks like it will be repairable just need to get 2 new UJ's and time to fit them.
Look's like I will be using the Range Rover abit more abit more over the next couple of weeks ;)

Cheers
Graeme