The Neds are back :-(

· 22 · 3993

pepsimax

Re: The Neds are back :-(
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »
Buy a big ol Angus Bull, then forget to mention the fact he's in there when they turn up for one of their 'weekends' he'll soon sort them out......
My Uncle put a bull in the field where some antisocial "feral people" had been burning the fence posts on their camp-fire, their tent was wrecked, as was all their equipment.....hilarious  :D
The only difference between men and boys, is of course the price of their toys !

Scott110

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
 >:(
Yes the litter is a huge issue these days. I feel sorry for the landowners or famers. There is a hell of alot of fly tipping round these parts as were so close to the countryside. Unfortunatly when it comes to messy campsites alot of the time its familys that are just as bad as the neds. Mind you in general britain as a whole is becoming a filthy place. Edinburgh is an absolute disgrace litter evrywhere and weeds allowed to grow wild on the paving. thats the local councils jobs to sort out but they will cry there is no money... what a load of tosh half the time you can sit and watch council workers or their sub contractors reading papers and drinking damn tea or coffee all morning long rather than doing their bloody jobs. Their absolute experts at wasting the taxpayers money. imagine the saving if councils were run efficiantly with a good work proud workforse i think the country as a whole would be better of and alot cleaner.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

Alasdair

• Name: Alasdair Campbell
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 10:52:51 PM »
There really is no need for that, why cant people leave places as they find them? Its really not that hard to take your crap home with you, i wish i had the money to leave my tent, sleeping bag, chair and what ever else they leave behind.

I agree with the ban on camping in Loch Lomond but by no means am i happy about it as i liked to camp there.

Not a happy camper here!

top drive

• They gave me an MOT - fools
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:10 AM »
driving down loch lomond yesterday - sat in traffic both me and the missus were disgusted at the huge amount of litter in the country park visible even from the road !

after a weekend in arran where everything was looking lovely and unspoilt - even the beaches :(

sad state of affairs really !

`87 ninety - full rebuild with 11l 200tdi conversion ,2 inch lift and 13 inch shocks and relevent protection/sliders./ dislocation cones

Goes like a stabbed rat.

georgew

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 10:16:44 AM »
top drive,
pleased to hear you enjoyed Arran.
(I cant really believe how many properties are for sale & how many more new ones are still being built)

Just a fantastic place, which i try now to just visit on a non holiday Monday or in winter.

I hope you went over the Ross Road from Lamlash Bay to Sliddery.
Its just been resurfaced on the steepest slope from Lamlash & is just a fantastic 11 miles or so.

george

PS,
3 weekends ago down by Sannox & Corrie the place was left on the Monday exactly like Gene's picture,
Tents BBq's & everything just abandoned as tho they were still there.

pps, do you know about the 'Andrew Guinan Memorial Winch Challenge' event being held
 not too far from you in the middle of May? (Glen Trusta, Angus)
www.eorc.co.uk
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:45:24 AM by georgew »
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

top drive

• They gave me an MOT - fools
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »
george - yes im aware of that , im no winch monkey but i have been meaning to email sandy RE watching - go for a wee ride on my MTB see some quality off roading :D

i didnt do the ross road - I was riding a tandem MTB and trailer with a friend from kilmaurs to tormore  on the western side over the string road while the missus was driving the motor , then we climbed goats fell and scrambled up the surrounding corbetts before a spot of gorge walking down to corrie.

lovely weather !
`87 ninety - full rebuild with 11l 200tdi conversion ,2 inch lift and 13 inch shocks and relevent protection/sliders./ dislocation cones

Goes like a stabbed rat.

boghog

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
My parents-in-law live up a farm track and they frequently get fly-tippers. Fortunately some of them are too thick to remove all traces of their identity e.g. include receipts in the rubbish. So far I believe the plods have managed to track down at least three offenders and either prosecute them or get them to return for a clean-up. What always surprises me is that they presumably have already had the rubbish in a vehicle, so why not just drive to the tip!

Calum.