Scottish Borders Hill Rally 19/20th November 2011

· 24 · 8173

Alarmgard

Scottish Borders Hill Rally 19/20th November 2011
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
The Scottish Borders Hill Rally is again being run at the Forrest Estate on the 19th and 20th November 2011. The event is running and we would appreciate your help in coming to help run the stages. We need in stage marshals and radio marshals to cover locations throughout a 100 miles of stages.

I know we often say let us know in advance if your coming, but in this case it really does help us plan the event as many of the locations are fixed and most importantly Mandatory to marshal. So if we know your coming we not only can keep you up to date on whats happening with the event but we can tell you in advance what your doing for whole weekend.

Doesn't matter if you haven't marshaled before, we can show you whats required at the event and even pair you up with an experienced person. You don't even need a 4x4 to attend the event as many of the locations are accessible by a normal car.

The Hill Rally Club are working hard to keep Hill Rallies alive in Scotland and we would really appreciate your assistance in doing so whether as a competitor at the event or even as a marshal. Coming to spectate no problem but sign on as a marshal and tell me where you would like to be and I will do my best to meet your needs in terms of locations, many spots are quiet for a vast amount of time in terms of marshaling but rich in spectating opportunities.

So if your up for helping for one day or both days get in touch and I will give you more information colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile 07767726075

If any of you have questions please ask.

Regards, Colin.

Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

Alarmgard

Re: Scottish Borders Hill Rally 19/20th November 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:26:31 AM »
We know of a few more entries in the post for this one now, so people leaving it to the last minute to get an entry may not work. Help us to run the event by letting us know if your coming, if as organisers we are planning a great event based on the numbers we think we going to have then that's fine, but just think if we actually have your entry we man make the event even better! Help us to  help you, its not to late to do something.

Were still needing a lot more marshals as well to help at this event, we could do with another 50 people to help run a safe event. I really need people to get in touch if your planning on coming to the event. Its a hard one for us organisers in that we cant run the event without entries or marshals, entries are climbing nicely, but marshal numbers are still down. We really would appreciate your help, thanks.

Get in touch if you can help, you will make a difference to the event.
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

Borders Hill Rally - We need your help Please.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:48:51 PM »
Marshals Invitation to this unique Hill Rally,  R.S.V.P.

The SHRC are pleased announce that the Scottish Border Hill Rally is taking place on the 19th & 20th November 2011 at The Forrest Estate, St johns Town of Dalry, New Galloway.

Some of you will be familiar with the venue as it has played host to both the Scottish Cross Country Championship, the British Cross Country Championship earlier in the year, it has hosted numerous rally test days and previously the Solway Coast/Forrest Estate Rallies. The venue has certainly got a motorsport pedigree that we can all enjoy, the 2011 Borders Hill Rally will see competitors compete in sixteen stages over two days, comprising some 100 miles and with only 24 liaison miles of public roads (No road tax or mot needed).

The SHRC club have acknowledged that despite the general downturn in entries for motorsport events, our own event continues to be supported by the competitors. At this time we have approximately 40 entries, a little down on previous years!  With about 20 days to the event we anticipate that this will rise further, however the Scottish Hill Rally Club are fully committed to preserving the experience that a ?Scottish Hill Rally? provides and accordingly the club committee have agreed that the event will run.

In order to help us preserve the ?Scottish Hill Rally? we really do need your help to staff the event. At the moment marshal numbers are significantly lower than last year and we really would appreciate you digging deep to help the event, you may think the event is a little different to what your used to but I can assure it?s well worth it. Were needing both In Stage Marshals and Radio Marshals, willing volunteers whether experienced or not most welcome. 

The Venue is self contained with a central service and HQ location: http://www.multimap.com/s/MbvY2TbC

Unlike most other 4x4 events most of the marshals positions are accessible by road car as we running on standard Cat a forest roads as used by car rallies.

A free camping /caravanning area is available on site, on the clubs website www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk there are more details of other accommodation available in the area along with full details on the event.

The first Stage on Saturday is due to start at 11am and the first stage on Sunday is due to start at 9am.

The Scottish Hill Rally Club would welcome your support in running the event. In order that we can allocate crews to the most appropriate positions, we would appreciate when replying if you could let us know.

The Scottish Hill Rally is a unique event and well worth coming to see, if you have not been before have a look on You Tube for ?Borders Hill Rally? we welcome help from all, if you?re new to marshaling no problem, we can explain what?s required on the day and/ or pair you up with an experienced marshal.

If you are able to help or need further information on the event please contact the Chief Marshal below, if we know your coming it helps us to ensure that you are included in the event staffing plan beforehand and we can keep you informed of developments.

Colin Rodger
Mobile: 07767-726075
Email: colin.rodger@virgin.net
Colin Rodger

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 07:44:56 PM »
i can help marshall. i have arranged time off from work and have got some info from campbell and diana but will p,m for more.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

Alarmgard

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:17:36 PM »
Jon, amswered your PM, will send you some more infor tomorrow.

Thanks for volunteering.

Regards, Colin.
Colin Rodger

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 11:36:36 PM »
Hi Colin,

Not sure if you got my email, but I can help on Saturday 19th with Marshalling.   Complete novice to this sort of thing, but happy to help in any way I can.

Dean
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

Alarmgard

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »
I have answered all the emails sent to me so if anyone has sent one and not had a reply then please resend it to me colin.rodger@virgin.net

The event is still really short of marshals, so much so I do not feel that there are sufficient numbers to run some of the stages safely. I would ask that if anyone is thinking of coming or yet to decide, can you please get in touch your help would really make a difference. You dont need to have been before to help or even marshalled, main criteria is that you have a willingness to help, the rest we can show you at the event.

Its not often where we are in the position where we have the Land, the competitors but limited marshals, please if you can help even if its for only one of the days get in touch. colin.rodger@virgin.net or 07767726075

Thanks, Colin.

Colin Rodger

python

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
Hi. I never received an email yet. Willing to help all weekend but need info re accommodation availible. Not too keen on camping.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

Alarmgard

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 11:34:47 AM »
Jon, I have you on the list. and will respond later today. I have an option for you for accomodation its about ?14 per night for Friday and Saturday night.
Colin Rodger

python

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 01:24:23 PM »
That sounds good. Would it be avaiblie for the thursday and Sunday? Would need more info about the accommodation too. Thanks.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

Alarmgard

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »
Yes it would. Its Galloway Sailing Centre http://www.lochken.co.uk/home a lot of the the rally people are staying there. Thursday and Sunday is also available, if you want them reserved for you send me an email will need to know before Tuesday though and I will get you added to the list, the event has exclusive use of the centre during the event, space is very limited now.
Colin Rodger

python

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 11:36:19 PM »
looks good, will get back to you tomorrow. how far is the lodge from the rally site? ni havent been before so trying to work out distances ect.. cheers..
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

Alarmgard

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 11:50:56 PM »
Its about 3 miles.
Colin Rodger

python

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 11:56:21 PM »
great,, thats nothing, ill more than likely have a bed there then,,will get back to you tomorrow with the number of nights.. cheers.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

Alarmgard

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »
Jon, can you let me know on the accomodation as were finalising the arrangements tonight.
Colin Rodger