Anyone fitted a remote oil cooler to a TDi ?

· 6 · 1776

mightytim

• Native American
Anyone fitted a remote oil cooler to a TDi ?
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »
I want to fit a remote oil cooler to a 200 Tdi i am fitting to  my series3 so i can use the series radiator. Anyone done this ? If so where did you get oil cooler & pipes and where did you position oil cooler?  Thanks.................

piper5

Re: Anyone fitted a remote oil cooler to a TDi ?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:02:11 PM »
did this years ago using an oil cooler from an automatic metro, then had pirtek make the hoses, there is plenty automatic cars with oil coolers go and have a rake in the scrappy
you could also use the tdi rad with inbuilt cooler and either remove or relocate the intercooler

DRH

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »
I did this with a Montego engine in my series a few years ago, and I used the tubular oil cooler that was standard on the Montego engine.  Used the hoses and simply sited it in front of the engine.  Also to make sure the oil filter didn't hit the front axle, I had to get a remote filter adaptor plate (It was made by FACET) and just used hoses and unions I had lying around.

I definitely have a remote filter and hoses I removed from a series with a V8 conversion I broke some tome ago, if the hoses are any good for you.  I'm not sure if I still have the Sherpa Oil Cooler but will have a look tomorrow

Duncan

mightytim

• Native American
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:38 PM »

Thanks Duncan...........................

wullie_r

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
Theres a company advertise in this months LRO selling an oil cooler kit.  Think its the guys that do the kits for fitting a TDI engines in TD defenders.

DRH

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 01:51:20 AM »
Tim Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you.  I was in the shed atthe weekend, and have a tubular oil cooler off a montego if it's any good to you.  Doesnt look like a radiator but seems o work ok on the Sherpas adn Montego's

Duncan