Stop raining, dammit!

· 3 · 913

wildwoodflower

• Name: Kathy
Stop raining, dammit!
« on: October 31, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »
I've got to change the clutch slave cylinder ... and it is rattling down. Bleugh! I don't mind crawling around under the car in the dry, but this is ghastly.
It wouldn't be quite so bad if there was someone to pump the pedal while I was underneath, but I've got to crawl back out, pump, wedge the pedal down with the starter handle and crawl back under to tighten the nipple. Ah well, there's always the point when you can't get any wetter!

Flying scotsman

• Name: Graeme kirkwood
Re: Stop raining, dammit!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
Pop into halfrauds and get a non return bleed kit, think its about a tenner and then you can do it yourself.

and a waterproof jacket!!! ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Dunc

• Name: Duncan Thomson
Re: Stop raining, dammit!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
 :) Or you could get one of those plastic gazebo's and tie it to the car( to stop it blowing away in one of our famous bracing winds ) but seriously with the weather we've had this year it's no wonder that fewer repairs are being tackled. If it's dry when you start you can guarantee it won't be for long, but you've already started by then, and sweary words come easier !! LOL   Duncan
If a hammer won't fix it, get a bigger hammer !!