Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
Re: Where are the gritters?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
Well, on the 'B' road our farm is on-you dont see a plough or a gritter for days...... ::)

All the bad snow last year-the farmers were clearing the roads with their tractors!!!
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 07:27:52 PM »
Busses were allowed to keep heading south to the Rangers match, which was crazy.
george

That copper is obviously an Arab.... :-)
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

coolcamper55

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 07:39:23 PM »
I dont mind the snow as like most of us I have a vehicle that can cope with it

but >:( >:(

What I really cannot understand is why do the kids need to launch snowballs at the vehicle, twice today I got hammered by bunches of yobs, one lot in Johnston and the other lot round the corner from home.

The lot round the corner are in for a wee shock, I know where they live ;D ;D...................... revenge is a dish best served cold and its blinkin artic just now >:( >:(

Tommy

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
Had the same whilst stuck on the city bypass. This time it was the local army cadets throwing snowballs at the stuck cars. If I had a .22 I would have shown them target practice!

brido

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »
I know I got hit twice today don't understand why they need to do it could think of a few choice words for them brido
Brian Taylor M168 OMS

jay2578

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 08:29:52 PM »
I just point the landy at `em! You should see the looks on their faces when I come hurtling cross country towards the little s***s!!!  ;D

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 08:30:46 PM »
Ok so ventured out of the village, Errol, to return our grandson to his Mum And Dad in Perth. Usually this would take 20 mins at most. Today 2 hours 35 mins and that was with using the "long" slip road in through Walnut Grove. Some cars were still stuck there this evening and one motorist had been 6 hours travelling 4 miles only to get within 500 yards of the police Land Rover 110 that had closed the rise up to the Friarton Bridge. I would not be surprised if a few hoteliers in Perth make a great deal of money out of other peoples misery.
We saw 3 snow plough's out but they were neither ploughing or spreading salt >:( >:( >:(
Getting home was a wee bit quicker at 1 hour 40 mins. It is forecast to freeze tonight so who knows what they will be like tomorrow.
Only last week the Head of Roads for Perth & Kinross was on the radio claiming that they "Had  learnt lessons from last year" and had brought in a fleet of tractors to help with the fore casted snow.
Just heard on the radio that one couple have been stuck on the M90 since 10.30am this is just very sad.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:54:53 PM by Radarears »
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

Sandy

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 10:34:02 PM »
The 'problem' with the Merc is rear-wheel-drive and wide wheels. Best left in the drive in this weather! Sandy.

cedric_r

• Yorkie
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 07:58:55 AM »
The gritters only came out here on Saturday during daylight. But at that time the streets were already 15cm in snow, so they didn't do anything useful. The main roads were covered in snow until Sunday here and many streets are still untouched.

This was my street on Saturday morning. And since then it's been snowing constantly.

I've seen many neighbours get stuck in the snow and give up and walk away. Even a roadside recovery van needing to be pushed out. Needless to say Yorkie is having a good time.
Cedric

tio

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 05:02:50 PM »
Gritter driver on real radio this morning protesting that he is only doing his job and that it was unfair to snowball his truck lol, apparently though it was'nt just snowballs it was eggs and rocks,  dunno if i would go as far as throwing rock's but it's reasuring that some folks feel the same about gritters as i do lol CMON THE SNAW!!!!!!!!

sthrifty

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »
Snowballing great fun am sure we all did it and Tommy probably deserved it :)

Gritters Renfrewshire the council wont pay them night rates so they start at 5 and they do run out of grit.

All said I have driven over 160 urban miles today slid a few times never got stuck in a tax, its more to do with driving than conditions

Love the snow
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »
its more to do with driving than conditions

Got to agree with you there John. I almost went into the side of a west Lothian Council truck today on a roundabout. I had right of way but the idiot was not going to stop and came out in front of me. I had no choice but to hit the brakes and fortunatly did not skid. When I hit the horn he gave me a look of pure hate as if I was at fault before heading off down the road leaving me sitting there. I suspect he was scared to stop at the roundabout as he was on a hill and just went for it. I was really annoyed as i had the whole family in the car >:(

rangerovering

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
Not minding the lack of cleared roads. Not got the RR stuck yet and have been attacking some big drifts :) The General AT2;s are frankly brilliant, so glad I bought them now.
A71 is a good drive tonight, not been ploughed for hours ;D
Steve

coolcamper55

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 06:08:34 PM »
Snowballing great fun am sure we all did it and Tommy probably deserved it :)

I'll remember that you old scroat ;) ;)

jay2578

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
It is fun checking the claw marks in the seat when the wife gets out! ;D