Theiving B*****DS ON THE PROWEL

· 9 · 2213

Swampy

Theiving B*****DS ON THE PROWEL
« on: July 19, 2010, 11:00:15 AM »
Just thought I would warn you all that I had an attempted theft on my defender Sunday night in the Bathgate area so be aware.  The B****** smashed a window and drilled out the ignition made a right mess of things.  Can any of you recommend a decent alarm immobiliser (and fitter) to fit to a defender?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:30:56 AM by Alan A »

geoffg

Re: Theiving B*****DS ON THE PROWEL
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
Mine's fitted with a Clifford alarm/imobiliser. I think it was fitted by RPi before George Walker got it off them. It's very good, so much so that sometimes I set off the alarm even with the key fob by pressing the wrong button. Skidz in Falkirk used to be dealers for Clifford, but if you google Clifford alarms, you should get the nearest dealer.
Hope you got your ignition sorted.
Geoff

wesley

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:55:05 AM »
Hi mate give me a call as i have made a home made idea. It will not stop anyone if they are determined but it will slow them down. 07900240242 Alan

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »
sorry to hear that.

maybe time to warn others about tow brackets as well. my 90 had an adjustable tow bracket held in place with a split pin. well its not on my 90 now >:( >:( never even got to use it with a trailer. they stole the part with the tow ball attached.

hope you get your motor sorted
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

bushyboo

• Name: Gordon Todd
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »
hey John sorry to here that just after getting the fuel pump fixed again  :-\
thanks for the heads up Jumbo think i might enlarge the hole for the split pin on mine  and put a small padlock on it

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 05:40:22 PM »
Fear not - all short prison sentences are to be scrapped 'cos they're not working! Our valiant 'Justice' Minister has the answer. No need now to lock up your Landy - Kenny has the answer. Sandy.

sthrifty

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »
if we ever catch them put them on the ship to China with the scrap,they have a very shot periods of incarceration
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

freelandy1

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 01:05:45 AM »
I got an all singing and dancing alarm from a place in cumbernauld, had it fitted to my subaru, this thing cost me 350 but was really high tech, sensors for folk approaching your car, gave a warning noise, doors locked themselves when you go over 5mph, can't role the car away alarm would go off, bonnt and boot was all hooked up, can't mind the name of the place, google it, failing that buy a big dog and a big bat
James
TD4 freelander 1
working on a 90

coolcamper55

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 06:24:43 AM »
I have just sold my Defender 90 to a man from Birmingham who had his 300TDI nicked off his driveway as he sat watching TV.

He was from Birmingham and said that quite a few have gone missing down his way over the last few months.

The police reckon its something to do with the bad winter and the shortage of decent 4x4's capable of dealing with the snow and ice.

While my car was being advertised I got calls from people all over the south of England,including 4 dealers, seems like there is a real shortage down there and when things are in demand theivery takes a rise

Tommy