Welding course

· 5 · 1168

m333rcr

• Name: Alistair Mercer
Welding course
« on: February 18, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »
Hi

I was just wondering was anyone on the welding course at Falkirk college on Tuesday and was it any good ? I was told that some people from the forum where going.

Cheers alistair

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Welding course
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 07:37:36 PM »
Yep, there were three of us there on Tuesday and I think some more may be on the extra course they've added for Thurs.

12 of us in total, a range of ages (and two gals), a range of "why" as well, from chassis bashers to a bloke who makes statues. A cheerful bloke doing the instruction too. Last night was a bit of paperwork, a walk around the workshop to discuss the various tools available and cover the Elf & Safety stuff, then a demo of MIG, Stick and TIG welding before we were divvied up into pairs and let loose with some scrap to weld together.  Options of sticking with one method and improving technique or trying various options over the course. My plan is to stick with MIG and work towards getting a qualification.

Let us say that based on last nights production there will be some work required before BAe let me loose welding that Carrier together....
:-)
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

m333rcr

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:11 PM »
Hi

Cool I am heading to it tomorrow that's all. I am planning on doing the tig.

It is mainly cause I fancied it and £100 isn't a lot . Is it just boots u need to take?

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 10:59:49 PM »
If you've none they'll lend you some. Take a boiler suit too if you have one. All the PPE is issued if you have not got it.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

m333rcr

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 11:35:02 PM »
Cheers

will get something dug out