Range Rover Classic Pick Up - SOLD

· 1 · 540

Ye110w

Range Rover Classic Pick Up - SOLD
« on: October 01, 2022, 07:17:20 PM »
Hi Folks,

Due to changes in my personal circumstances, I am selling my 1989 Range Rover Classic Pick Up. It has a 3.5 litre EFI V8 with auto transmission and a viscous center diff. I bought the Range Rover in 2011 as a project and converted it from a 5-door estate into a 2 door pick up using a fibreglass cab and rear wing kit from Longranger 4X4. The conversion has been completed to a high standard and the vehicle has been re-registered with the DVLA as a pick up. I put it back on the road in 2017 and it has passed its MOT with flying colours every year since. Currently MOT'd to the 6 September 2023.

I built the Range Rover to drive both on and off road. It has sill protectors, diff and steering guards fitted, as well as a heavy-duty steering bar. The body has been lifted by 2" to accommodate larger tyres (235/85 16). The suspension is standard giving excellent articulation off road as well as a pleasant ride on the road.

To convert the body, I constructed a new back bulkhead and tub from box section and steel panels. The fibreglass cab and wings are fitted to this. The cab features a double skin and has headlining fitted to give a factory appearance. I fabricated and fitted a roll hoop to the rear of the cab (48mm tube) which is welded to the roof frame and box section at the top of the rear wings. The rest of the cab is carpeted, with rubber mats fitted. The rear window comes from an older Ford Ranger, with the radio aerial utilising the rear demist matrix as per the original Range Rover.

The body is wrapped with forest green vinyl wrap. It is starting to show signs of its age but is still quite presentable.

There are heavy duty bumpers fitted front and rear, as well as a fuel tank guard with provision for a tow hitch.

The chassis is in good condition, and I rebuilt the sill and inner wings before starting the conversion.

I have competed in TYRO's and RTV's with The Scottish Off Road Club and the Rangey always performs very well, only being let down by my driving skills...!

The Rangey is great fun both on and off road and turns heads. I have been complimented on the build standard by a number of people and have even been asked if it was originally built by Land Rover. It will need a bit of TLC going forward, and I don't have the time to do this now.

To get the best exposure and hopefully realise a realistic price for it, I have taken it to Mathewsons Classic Auctions (Bangers and Cash on Yesterday and UKTV Play - don't think it will appear on the show though!).

I am sad to see it go, but it is time to let it go to a new owner.

Link to the Mathewsons listing below.

https://www.mathewsons.co.uk/auction/lot/lot-78---1989-range-rover-vogue-efi-a-pick-up/?lot=8463&so=0&st=78&sto=0&au=24&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&mc=2&pp=48&pn=1&g=1

If someone from SLROC or SORC buys it, I am happy to assist with transport back north as long as my fuel cost and a few beer vouchers are thrown in.

Cheers,
Ross.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 03:38:12 PM by Ye110w »